GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamer of the Year...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/01/02 at 23:04
Regular
... its not direct competition, I have been in many console competitions and it is always best when you fight side by side with a game. The tension and atmosphere it creates is amazing...

..little message to Special Reserve. Please hold a national console championships. Please. Please. Please. Why? Because us UK gamers need one.

Tony - I have sent you information on a company that runs it for you, sponsors are easy to get, as the unofficial magazine always want to do that, come on... if even you wanted staff just get some of the respected on the forums.

Four venues as the qualifying, Leeds, Glasgow, London and Cardiff. A final in London. Make it so. Please.

(Argh well, at least you tried again).

I also think its wrong to call it 'Gamer of the Year'. Because it just wouldn't be true.
Anyways.
Moan mode off.
Joby

:P
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
... its not direct competition, I have been in many console competitions and it is always best when you fight side by side with a game. The tension and atmosphere it creates is amazing...

..little message to Special Reserve. Please hold a national console championships. Please. Please. Please. Why? Because us UK gamers need one.

Tony - I have sent you information on a company that runs it for you, sponsors are easy to get, as the unofficial magazine always want to do that, come on... if even you wanted staff just get some of the respected on the forums.

Four venues as the qualifying, Leeds, Glasgow, London and Cardiff. A final in London. Make it so. Please.

(Argh well, at least you tried again).

I also think its wrong to call it 'Gamer of the Year'. Because it just wouldn't be true.
Anyways.
Moan mode off.
Joby

:P
Sat 12/01/02 at 00:03
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh, well. Those places are about as close to me as the moon is.

But, I would try get down there, and I could wear a big sticker on my head saying "GasMask"

*Joins Jobys petition to get an actual "Gamer Of The Year" compo going*
Sat 12/01/02 at 00:39
Sounds like a great idea
Sat 12/01/02 at 01:31
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
yup it is a good idea.
Sat 12/01/02 at 09:09
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
I'd have NO chance! Unless we were playing Heroes 3. Maybe there should trophies or cups (if you see what I'm saying) so that there could be the UKLeaugue, that goes on throughout the year, each gamer plays all 49 other gamers and its like the Premiership, 3 points for a Win and 1 for a draw and so on....

...Maybe not.
Sat 12/01/02 at 10:46
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I reackon it'd be better if it was a knockout tournament.
Sat 12/01/02 at 11:03
Regular
i agree i would come down and show you lot how to play games =D
Sat 12/01/02 at 11:07
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
For at least the first round, where I'd whoop you to kindom come!
Sat 12/01/02 at 11:15
Regular
"um..."
i'd come but i would lose. If it was like a league I would be leicster or get knocked out first I like games but I am not too good at them (Except: Twisted Metal, Wing Over and Half-Life)
Sat 12/01/02 at 13:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thing is with these tournaments with different games is that its more luck that you get games that your good at. You could be an excellent player, but then a game you've never played before could be in the next round and you get a whooping cause the person your against has got it.

I used to like the streetfighter tournament idea cause at least you knew what you was in for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.