GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is no way to spend a Friday evening."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/01/02 at 19:16
Regular
I'm at work. I can't leave because some data needs to be output for a very important client, ready for printing tomorrow morning, and I need the process I'm running to finish before I can start the output.

Yesterday, our system ran this process in under an hour, for approximately 1.5 million records.

Today, the same process has so far taken an hour and twenty minutes, and it's only 47% of the way through. So I'm here for at least another hour and a half, and there is nothing I can do to pass the time. I can't even play a game on the network because everyone else has left!

I can think of several places I'd rather be, and several more things I'd rather be doing in those other places.

Pity me.
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I've been playing guitar, my fingers hurt.

You played that mic2mic to me once.... god that was bad.

:P
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:25
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
How times change, eh?

*hands the grandpa his pipe, slippers and paper*
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I rule
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:19
Regular
*Puts on Rose tinted specs*

You know, I miss the old days. Back at the start of summer. There only ever seemed to be me, you, Goaty and Meka posting during the days.

No work to do, just sit on the forums all day and have a laugh.

Now though? Pfah! It's all newbies, and "VOTE FOR ME!" topics.

How times change, eh?
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:17
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:

I've been playing air guitar, my fingers hurt too
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:14
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> Too much work, not enough play, but then it's always like that, right?

Well, not for me... my job is fairly seasonal - nothing much in the run up to Xmas, then come January all hell breaks loose. Then at the end of January it quietens down a bit, then end of Feb until May it goes nuts again, then end of June it's quiet. Then it's a hectic September, and then quiet again until the end of the year.

Always too much to do, or not enough! Oh well - at least I have a job, I suppose.

> How about yourself?

Oh, y'know... plodding along... mustn't grumble I suppose! Been better, could be worse...
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:10
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:

They obviously don't hurt that bad, as you can still type.
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've been playing guitar, my fingers hurt.
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:06
Regular
I'm fine cheers mate, things are going ok.

Too much work, not enough play, but then it's always like that, right?

How about yourself?
Fri 11/01/02 at 22:57
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> That was quite amusing for this time of night Wookiee,
> well done.

Why thank you sir.

How the devil are you, anyway? I haven't spoken to you for somoe time. (Damn, it was going so well... :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.