GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is no way to spend a Friday evening."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/01/02 at 19:16
Regular
I'm at work. I can't leave because some data needs to be output for a very important client, ready for printing tomorrow morning, and I need the process I'm running to finish before I can start the output.

Yesterday, our system ran this process in under an hour, for approximately 1.5 million records.

Today, the same process has so far taken an hour and twenty minutes, and it's only 47% of the way through. So I'm here for at least another hour and a half, and there is nothing I can do to pass the time. I can't even play a game on the network because everyone else has left!

I can think of several places I'd rather be, and several more things I'd rather be doing in those other places.

Pity me.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:16
"High polygon count"
I'm at work. I can't leave because some data needs to be output for a very important client, ready for printing tomorrow morning, and I need the process I'm running to finish before I can start the output.

Yesterday, our system ran this process in under an hour, for approximately 1.5 million records.

Today, the same process has so far taken an hour and twenty minutes, and it's only 47% of the way through. So I'm here for at least another hour and a half, and there is nothing I can do to pass the time. I can't even play a game on the network because everyone else has left!

I can think of several places I'd rather be, and several more things I'd rather be doing in those other places.

Pity me.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:18
Regular
Could always go back to www.geocities.com/asianprince213/ and laugh like a madman.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I pity you.

Doesn't make you feel much better, does it?
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:22
Pity you!?!

I had to get up at the crack of dawn and get my sorry self to work after virtually no sleep. While I was out the postman brought me a nice shiny new copy of Max Payne round. Sweet, you'd think, oh but no.

The game's fine, no problems there, just the fact that I now have to go back to work stands in the way of my gaming. Bare in mind I've had v. little sleep so when I finally do get home at 1:00am, I'll be far too tired to play anything.

Pity me, I got it bad. :-(
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:23
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
If I was a Wookie Monster I would be grateful for any work I could get!

Bit of a hindrance only being able to say "MHHRRWWW" and "AHHOOHOO", I should think.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:24
Regular
""
AAAHHHHHH! Actually that's pretty unlucky. You may call me mad but I can't wait until I'm 14 'cos I wanna get a job. Weird I know, but I wanna make my own money.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:26
Regular
"¬_¬"
I just wrote a really long topic, only to find that when clicking 'send this contribution' (or whatever) AOL decided to disconnect, lose my long post and crash my PC. AHHH!!!!
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:31
I pity you wookie, I have to work tomorrow so hopefully I will get the pity. the weekend looks bleak people. Lets hope Arsenal beat Liverpool
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:33
"High polygon count"
Tony wrote:
> Bit of a hindrance only being able to say "MHHRRWWW" and
> "AHHOOHOO", I should think.

Yes, thanks for that, Tony!

Don't suppose you have a position at any of your stores, do you? I was thinking, for example, that it may be a crowd-attracting novelty to have a Wookiee-skin rug at the entrance to the Basildon Superstore?

Or maybe you need a new rug to go in front of the log fire at your mansion? Just be careful with the hot embers. :-)
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:37
"High polygon count"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Could always go back to www.geocities.com/asianprince213/ and laugh like a
> madman.

Oh. My. God.

That has GOT to be a woman in drag.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.