GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do I need to buy Sim City 4?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sim City 4'.
Wed 12/02/03 at 11:55
Regular
Right, I've only had my PC a few weeks, and never intended to use it as a games machine, but after a few goes of Unreal Tournament 2003, I kind of realised arguing with myself would be futile. I'm not going to buy too many games, so I need to be choosy about the games I get - is Sim City 4 a good choice? It looks the bomb, but I don't want something I have to spend 5 hours a night on to appreciate. Is it a Champ Manager-style dedication thing or can you just have a 20 min blast every now and then?
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:51
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
§n][pe® wrote:
> No don't

Okay, I won't. Your informed opinion has swayed me. Any reasons why?
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:39
Regular
No don't
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:10
"Uzi Lover"
I've got Sim City 3000, the thing I hate about it is the music. It's probably carried on in the newer game aswell.

When I usually play Sim City it isn't for short bursts and heres the reason. You get on it and think "I'll give this a quick go" and then after a while you realise the time you set aside has gone and you don't want to move from the PC but instead keep playing. Then when a Tornado hits, thats when you leave.

UT is a game I can play at anytime just for a quick frag fest but I wouldn't say, in my opinion, that Sim City has the same appeal.

Still, it's great.
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:05
"Darkness, always"
Sim City games are usually excellent, but at the price they go for, the word "excellent" doesn't really apply to it's value.

Personally, I'll wait until it's closer to £20, but I imagine you would get some manner of discount seeing as you're staff...?
Wed 12/02/03 at 11:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Right, I've only had my PC a few weeks, and never intended to use it as a games machine, but after a few goes of Unreal Tournament 2003, I kind of realised arguing with myself would be futile. I'm not going to buy too many games, so I need to be choosy about the games I get - is Sim City 4 a good choice? It looks the bomb, but I don't want something I have to spend 5 hours a night on to appreciate. Is it a Champ Manager-style dedication thing or can you just have a 20 min blast every now and then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.