GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do I need to buy Sim City 4?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sim City 4'.
Wed 12/02/03 at 11:55
Regular
Right, I've only had my PC a few weeks, and never intended to use it as a games machine, but after a few goes of Unreal Tournament 2003, I kind of realised arguing with myself would be futile. I'm not going to buy too many games, so I need to be choosy about the games I get - is Sim City 4 a good choice? It looks the bomb, but I don't want something I have to spend 5 hours a night on to appreciate. Is it a Champ Manager-style dedication thing or can you just have a 20 min blast every now and then?
Fri 21/02/03 at 18:51
I've had it for a week now, and it's addictive, when it doesn't crash. In fact, I've only exited the game properly once since owning it, as it usually freezes the system completely when playing. Although it looks like only I have this problem.
Fri 21/02/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Yes- It's had good reviews!
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Yum, Pedigree Chum"
BUY BUY BUY
Wed 12/02/03 at 23:26
Regular
"oaps.org"
Do you need to buy it?

no. but if you want to play it, yes - unless you nick it
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:11
Regular
money? monkey?
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:09
"For the horde!!!!"
*holds gun to monkeys head*
buy it or the money gets it
Wed 12/02/03 at 19:10
Regular
Then ull be bored of Sim city 4... its just updated graphics.
Wed 12/02/03 at 15:31
Regular
§n][peŽ wrote:
> Sim city 3000 does the job... bloody Maxis has been given the EA
> treatment all they have done is update the graphics.... okay its not
> that bad but there's nothing all that different to Sim city 3000.

My bro has SimCity 30o0. He reckons its a wee bit boring.
Wed 12/02/03 at 14:26
Regular
Sim city 3000 does the job... bloody Maxis has been given the EA treatment all they have done is update the graphics.... okay its not that bad but there's nothing all that different to Sim city 3000.
Wed 12/02/03 at 14:01
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I think its one of those games that if you want to get any real satisfaction from it you will need to dedicate a fair ammount of time to playing it.
Also, most of the comments I have heard about it haven't been that great. Other then looking nicer I dont think they have changed to much so I dont think its anything new or exciting. Ive also heard the maps for you to build on are really quite small.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.