GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for Star Wars Fans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/01/02 at 13:19
Regular
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and watched Phantom Menace on DVD last night.
And something occured to me:

Am I the only one that thinks the Speeder-Bike race in Jedi is a lot more exciting and fun that the Pod Race?
Even though Jedi was made in '84 with no digital effects, it's just better.
Faster, more dynamic, a sense of danger and speed.

Just better.
Fri 11/01/02 at 13:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and watched Phantom Menace on DVD last night.
And something occured to me:

Am I the only one that thinks the Speeder-Bike race in Jedi is a lot more exciting and fun that the Pod Race?
Even though Jedi was made in '84 with no digital effects, it's just better.
Faster, more dynamic, a sense of danger and speed.

Just better.
Fri 11/01/02 at 13:23
Regular
I thought the Pod Race went on for far too long, it was good for the first few minutes but then it just got boring.
Fri 11/01/02 at 13:26
Regular
"not dead"
The pod racing was impressive, but you always knew that Anakin would win, and we didn't know any of the other characters, so it didn't matter if they crashed.

The speeder bikes in RotJ are awesome though.
Fri 11/01/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I had the toy of a speeder bike when I was little and I bought one off an online auction not long ago. They were the best! The pod race didn't hold any surprises though, we all new Anakin would win. Leia crashed out in the speeder bike and everyone thought she was dead for a bit. Then she meet the Ewoks. Then it got a bit silly.
Fri 11/01/02 at 13:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, mini-Chewies.

Rubbish.
Although the Ewok Village toy was top, as was the Ewok hanglider.
Although I still want to punch Wicket in the face.
Fri 11/01/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I knew someone that actually had a whole village of Ewok tree-houses. Seriously, loads of them. I went through a phase a while back when I started collecting the figures again. I got a Rancor!
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:35
The speeder bikes were better for the tree dodging (Anyone remember Full Throttle on the Spectrum?). It gave a greater sense of instant death. The pod race was good, but as it was only a race, and it was a kid against a lot of CGI characters, it didn't really have the same impact. Though the two headed commentator was a nice touch.

Makes a good video game though ;-).
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:37
I got a Rancor.... That's gagging for someone to give Jonathan Ross a voice over job for a Star Wars documentary.
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:38
Sorry, meant 3D Deathchase.... Full Throttle was the sequel (I think).
Fri 11/01/02 at 15:33
Regular
"That's right!"
I find myself picking up something to read or fast forwarding when the speeder bike scene starts in Jedi. I've seen it so many times, I know every single thing that's about to happen

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.