GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for Star Wars Fans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/01/02 at 13:19
Regular
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and watched Phantom Menace on DVD last night.
And something occured to me:

Am I the only one that thinks the Speeder-Bike race in Jedi is a lot more exciting and fun that the Pod Race?
Even though Jedi was made in '84 with no digital effects, it's just better.
Faster, more dynamic, a sense of danger and speed.

Just better.
Sat 12/01/02 at 19:47
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Am I the only one that thought Episode 1 sucked?
Sat 12/01/02 at 13:35
The Speeder bikes where better than the pod race. Like many people have said in this thread you knew that anakin was going to win the race and the fact that you only knew one other character (Sebulba) and he was partrayed as a bad guy, you didn't care who else crashed.

The Speeder Bikes where so much better than the pod race.

Darkreaper
Fri 11/01/02 at 21:15
Regular
The effects for back then was brilliant, i agree that it was obvious Anakin would win.
Fri 11/01/02 at 18:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Mattyboy wrote:
> The Pod Race was awesome but I prefer the Speeder Bike chase!! Considering when
> it was done and compared to the special effects of today its quite remarkable!!

lol... aye... and way back in the Stone Age when it was made, fire was also very impressive :)
Fri 11/01/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Whatever!"
The Pod Race was awesome but I prefer the Speeder Bike chase!! Considering when it was done and compared to the special effects of today its quite remarkable!!
Fri 11/01/02 at 16:54
Regular
Goatboy wrote:

"Am I the only one that thinks the Speeder-Bike race in Jedi is a lot more exciting and fun that the Pod Race?"

Most certainly not. Speeder bikes rule.
Fri 11/01/02 at 16:15
Regular
I prefered the Pod Race. But then I'm not a massive Star Wars fan. And Luke annoys me, the pasty faced git.
Fri 11/01/02 at 15:33
Regular
"That's right!"
I find myself picking up something to read or fast forwarding when the speeder bike scene starts in Jedi. I've seen it so many times, I know every single thing that's about to happen
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:38
Sorry, meant 3D Deathchase.... Full Throttle was the sequel (I think).
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:37
I got a Rancor.... That's gagging for someone to give Jonathan Ross a voice over job for a Star Wars documentary.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.