GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TOP TEN GAMES OF ALL TIME."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/09/00 at 15:00
Regular
My top 10 games of all time are listed below, along with a brief reason for why I think they are the best.

GOLDENEYE (N64) - The Best Multiplayer of its time, good even now, with lots of secrets and a great single player mode.

METAL GEAR SOLID (PSX) - Atmospheric is not the word, superb only let down by its replayability being poor.

MARIO 64 (N64) - Before this game I doubted that the platform genre would survive the transition from 2D to 3D, this blew away those doubts.

DRIVER (PSX) - Pushes the playstation to its limits, a change from run of the mill racing games. Only let down by the ridiculous difficulty setting on the last level.

RESIDENT EVIL 2 (PSX) - I love the Resident Evil series, but this is my favourite due to its great playability and with lots of alternative ways to complete the game, a game nobody should be without.

LEGEND OF ZELDA (N64) - The ZELDA series comes of age in this superb game, with hours of gameplay, and great visuals.

MARIOKART (SNES) - My favourite SNES game, and better than the N64 version by far, tones of secrets great lastability.

CANNON FODDER (AMIGA) - Simple, yet addictive gameplay. Superb fun to play and with a great sense of humour.

FLASHBACK (AMIGA) - Excellent action/adventure game, great storyline. Excellent cut-scenes added to the games atmosphere.

SONIC 2 (Megadrive) - Excellent 2 player mode, great platforming action from Sega.

Ok. that's my top 10 games, I thoroughly recommend all the above titles to anyone, they're great. What are your favourite 10 games, or what are your top 10 games on each format (e.g. playstation, N64, etc..) ??
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:01
Regular
I'm still thinking! These things take time!
Tue 12/12/00 at 23:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
1. Guess...METAL GEAR SOLID!!!! Absolutely brilliant. Excellent graphics, a superb plot, nice controls, overall brilliance, well done Hideo Kojima!!

2. Gran Turismo 2: The best driving game on PSX. Only MSR challenges overall on every format.

3. WWF Smackdown 2 Know Your Role: The best wrestling game on PSX, and maybe the best overall. Only No Mercy challenges it.

4. Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (PC) : I found this addictive. Nice graphics, I love the Lightsaber, and overall an excellent game. Brill movie as well.

5. Syphon Filter 2: The only shoot/stealth 'em up you can actually compare MGS to. Excellent game.

6. Deus Ex: Probably the best shoot 'em up on PC due to its great plot, graphics, and ...pretty much everything about it.

7. Formula 1 '97: Perhaps still the best F1 game on PSX. It bought F1 games to new heights, and beats most of the later F1 releases.

8. Crash Bandicoot 2: One of the best platformers overall on every format.

9. Goldeneye: I haven't played that much of it, but it most certainly is one of the best shoot 'em ups ever. Only challenged by MGS, PDark and maybe Syphon Filter 2.

10. PDark: I've put this at number 10 as I haven't played much of it, but of what I have played, it deserves to be in my top 10.

Sorry I have mostly PSX games, but I don't play enough N64 games.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Tue 12/12/00 at 22:13
1 Shenmue
2 shenmue
3 shenmue
4 shenmue
5 shenmue
6 shenmue
7 shenmue
8 shenmue
8 shenmue
9 shenmue
10 shenmue

got the picture it is the best game ever
Tue 12/12/00 at 21:55
I brought it back up, the topic I started was very fruitful...for a newbie as I was back then. It help edgy win a game aswell as Archanon, although Archanon didnt claim his game...perhaps its about time we start another discussion like this some time, if your favourite games have changed. Which is understandable with such great games as Shenmue now out.
Tue 12/12/00 at 18:52
Regular
Hey this is the topic I won my first game from!

Cool!

Who brought it back up?

My top 15 have changed now but most of the games in the list are still there!

I'll post them soon!

I gotta think first cos I've got quite a few new games since then!
Tue 12/12/00 at 16:51
hopefully Grix
Tue 12/12/00 at 16:19
Regular
If he doesn't claim, can the unclaimed prize be automatically added to the charity fund?
Tue 12/12/00 at 10:55
Archaon get claiming your free game you won replying to this post, Or Donate it to charity...although its over 90 days since the day you won, it isnt 90 days since the day the winner was announced. ITHINK, anyway your name is still on the winners list so you should still be able to claim.
Sun 05/11/00 at 14:14
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
This topics popular, thought it would be full of bad remarks, nice to see everyone contributing like a big family.

My Top Ten:

Duke Nukem(PC):Addictive multiplayer, crap graphics, original style characters, nice use of language.

Zelda:Ocarina Of Time(N64):Huge levels, excellent graphics, great ideas, but let down by subtitles and no voices.

Super Smash Bros(N64):One of the best multiplayers around, Compiled Nintendo charactors from other nintendo games.

Gran Tourismo1(Sony PS):original idea of buying real cars and taking driving tests to prove your skills, tune your car up to cetain levels wih your hard earned cash, havn't played GT2, but i guess it would be the same as any C-Quel.

GTA(PC):same as the PS version but you can play on networks and over the internet, excellent idea but looses gameplay when you don't get chased by the police.

Top Gear Rally(N64):short learning curve, fast tracks, two player races so your can bash your mates around corners, plus a nice secret helmet car, funny and fast, lots of room for havoc.

Perfect Dark(N64):Great guns, bad story line(quite predictable), truley outstandable multiplayer options.

Metal Gear Solid(Sony PS):once again, this game is original, totaly unrealistic which adds pressure to the gameplay.

Mario Kart(snes):Couldn't have been better, they tried with the N64, but it wasn't as good.

Mario party 2(N64):If your competitive with your mates then you have to get this game, it is the best multiplayer game out on any format! Good graphics wide selection of multiplayer games to play, fun, addictive(I was playing 1 level for 6 hours, and i didn't realise as i was having so much fun).
Sun 05/11/00 at 13:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Here is some games I like I based it on how good they were the time they came out not one against the other.

1. Tycoon series (Transport, Rollercoaster, Railroad)
2. Sim City series
3. Championship Manager series
4. Warcraft series
5. FIFA series
6. Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
7. The Sims
8. Age of Empires series
9. Theme Park series
10. Star Wars Games

These were in no order just some of my favourite games

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.