GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jak and Daxter 100% Disappointment"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/01/02 at 13:02
Regular
I have to say I am a bit let down by Jak and Daxter.

Let me start by saying that it is a great game, great playability.. etc.

My gripe is that I beat the game a few days ago (without 101 power cells) and got a nice ending scene (no spoilers in this post)...
Then I went back and after some effort managed to get all required power cells, and got a slightly different ending.

So I thought that if I collected each and every precursor orb that I would get some sort of 'ultimate ending'. After a lot of frustrated backtracking and searching I have now completed the game with everything collected (i.e. 100% rating), but there is no different ending for this achievement.

So my question to you is why bother collecting everything ? It really doesn't reward the player to do so, and by going through the process of collecting everything I have now become sick of Jak and Daxter, and will probably never play it again !!

Would it have been too much trouble to add another different ending ?
Rare usually do this in games (look at DK64 for example).....

Thoughts ?
Sat 12/01/02 at 19:09
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
the game was very satisfying (maybe too satisfying) the only downfall was the length, maybe it just felt fun because it was so short.
Sat 12/01/02 at 09:49
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
does it not give you satisfaction and self rewrard to complete the game 100%..i have finished GTA3 but still need a few hours more to fully complete it...im sure i will be more than happy when this happens
Sat 12/01/02 at 09:45
Regular
Natbuc wrote:

>Have i got news for u! heh......u CAN get 101% and a so called 'Ultimate' ending. God knows how but u can....don't beleive me.....well take a look at the OPSM2 cheat section....it says there in the J + D guide......apparently once u get 100% there r secrets....but what r they.....it says we will find out how in the next issue of OPSM2.

>This is not an ad....this is reality

Maybe you get to play as Daxter, that would be cool.
Sat 12/01/02 at 09:37
Regular
"Tag as above"
it wasnt a very long game, but I think it seemed shorter because I couldn't stop playing it!
Sat 12/01/02 at 01:38
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
well it is a great game just very short (short but sweet)
Fri 11/01/02 at 21:21
Regular
You said about whats the point in getting power orbs, well you trade them to get power cells.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:58
Regular
"  "
Have i got news for u! heh......u CAN get 101% and a so called 'Ultimate' ending. God knows how but u can....don't beleive me.....well take a look at the OPSM2 cheat section....it says there in the J + D guide......apparently once u get 100% there r secrets....but what r they.....it says we will find out how in the next issue of OPSM2.

This is not an ad....this is reality
Fri 11/01/02 at 16:27
Regular
KevD wrote:
>Maybe I'm just too fussy, greedy, etc. !

No. You're just used to Nintendo standard.

WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

>I don't usually go for 3D 'cutesy' platformers, but it's one of the bet games I've ever played - great fun from start to finish.

That's because they're not usually on a Playstation! :-)
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:43
Regular
"Back For Good"
Jak and Daxter is surperb but the game just grinds to a halt, I thought going back for all the power cells was a good way to increase the life span of the game but when I saw what happened after i did, I was VERY dissapointed :-(
Fri 11/01/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think J&D was great but as you said KevD getting 100% isnt rewarded. It would be good if we got another new ending.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.