GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Fans May Be Interested..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 20:00
Regular
I have just ordered an import copy from Japan of Winning Eleven 6 Final Edtion. The game was released only 6 weeks after Pro Evolution 2 was released in Europe for the PS2 and this is apparently the definite version of the game. The GC verison of Pro Evolution 2 is going to be a direct port of the PS2 version and therefore you will miss out on the added extras included in the Japanese version of Winning Eleven 6.

The Goalkeepers now have improved saving physics and have a much wider variety of saves over the Playstation 2 version of Pro Evolution 2. The editing mode has been completley revamped for Winning Eleven 6 Final Edition including the ability to design your own boots! A few more tricks have been added as well as the gameplay engine getting a massive over-haul over Pro Evolution 2 which includes smoother play mechanics and much faster gameplay. In the words of Konami, if you miss out on this you are missing out on life! I am really excited about the game because it is around 5 years since I have played a football game for more than 1 week without becoming almost instantly bored. The only problem is the Japanese menus and Japanese player names which could prove to be difficult to understand and the learning curve will be steep I feel. It may cost me a further £10 to update the menus but as of yet this isn't a priority as I am yet to purchase a Freeloader.

When I get the game I will tell you all about it and advise you further to order yourself a copy. I am sure people like Mav, Solsjkaer, Tilta and WS will be interested in picking up the game and any information you want to know about it I will post in here when I receive the game somtime next week.

Anyone else going to pick up the game? Anyone else already have the game? Any topics about the game lets try to keep in this forum.
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's no ISS98
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:22
Regular
I was laughing at you for including me in the list of people who would be interested in this game, when I loathe football games, and just sports games in general.

Oh, and did I mention? I hate sports.
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:17
Regular
WS banish from my sights immediatley!

The gameplay? I take it you haven't really played the other Pro Evolution games then? To be honest gameplay doesn't get any better than this, every pass, through ball, player likeness, shooting speed and cross not only looks realistic but it manages to keep the very essence that FIFA games lack... Pure 100% Great gameplay! This is a better version of Pro Evolution 2 but if you ask PS2 owners about PES2 they will tell you how good the game really is.

Try www.evo-web.co.uk and read a review of Winning Eleven 6 Final Edition and you will see what I am talking about.
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:08
Regular
I laugh at you, for I despise the very essence of football.

rah
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:03
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Sounds like a great football game, but I wonder if the gameplay will be any good.
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:00
Regular
I have just ordered an import copy from Japan of Winning Eleven 6 Final Edtion. The game was released only 6 weeks after Pro Evolution 2 was released in Europe for the PS2 and this is apparently the definite version of the game. The GC verison of Pro Evolution 2 is going to be a direct port of the PS2 version and therefore you will miss out on the added extras included in the Japanese version of Winning Eleven 6.

The Goalkeepers now have improved saving physics and have a much wider variety of saves over the Playstation 2 version of Pro Evolution 2. The editing mode has been completley revamped for Winning Eleven 6 Final Edition including the ability to design your own boots! A few more tricks have been added as well as the gameplay engine getting a massive over-haul over Pro Evolution 2 which includes smoother play mechanics and much faster gameplay. In the words of Konami, if you miss out on this you are missing out on life! I am really excited about the game because it is around 5 years since I have played a football game for more than 1 week without becoming almost instantly bored. The only problem is the Japanese menus and Japanese player names which could prove to be difficult to understand and the learning curve will be steep I feel. It may cost me a further £10 to update the menus but as of yet this isn't a priority as I am yet to purchase a Freeloader.

When I get the game I will tell you all about it and advise you further to order yourself a copy. I am sure people like Mav, Solsjkaer, Tilta and WS will be interested in picking up the game and any information you want to know about it I will post in here when I receive the game somtime next week.

Anyone else going to pick up the game? Anyone else already have the game? Any topics about the game lets try to keep in this forum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.