GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Fans May Be Interested..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 20:00
Regular
I have just ordered an import copy from Japan of Winning Eleven 6 Final Edtion. The game was released only 6 weeks after Pro Evolution 2 was released in Europe for the PS2 and this is apparently the definite version of the game. The GC verison of Pro Evolution 2 is going to be a direct port of the PS2 version and therefore you will miss out on the added extras included in the Japanese version of Winning Eleven 6.

The Goalkeepers now have improved saving physics and have a much wider variety of saves over the Playstation 2 version of Pro Evolution 2. The editing mode has been completley revamped for Winning Eleven 6 Final Edition including the ability to design your own boots! A few more tricks have been added as well as the gameplay engine getting a massive over-haul over Pro Evolution 2 which includes smoother play mechanics and much faster gameplay. In the words of Konami, if you miss out on this you are missing out on life! I am really excited about the game because it is around 5 years since I have played a football game for more than 1 week without becoming almost instantly bored. The only problem is the Japanese menus and Japanese player names which could prove to be difficult to understand and the learning curve will be steep I feel. It may cost me a further £10 to update the menus but as of yet this isn't a priority as I am yet to purchase a Freeloader.

When I get the game I will tell you all about it and advise you further to order yourself a copy. I am sure people like Mav, Solsjkaer, Tilta and WS will be interested in picking up the game and any information you want to know about it I will post in here when I receive the game somtime next week.

Anyone else going to pick up the game? Anyone else already have the game? Any topics about the game lets try to keep in this forum.
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm still going to go ahead and get ISS 3 first, before anything else when it comes to Football games.

I'd go for a Pro Evo game like that - *CLICK* - if only there wasn't going to be all that Japanese text. :(
And I wouldn't like to have someone "tampering" with my Memory Card, even if it was a blank one. You never know what they could put on there... :S

I reckon that someone will be trying to rival Datel in developing a FreeLoader-type device that also translates Japanese into English.
Or at least they should, even if they don't.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:58
Regular
Galfano I was in the same situation as you but I have found a seperate place to get it for £45 including everything! I will be ordering it shortly so I will let you know when it arrives which to get.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:15
Regular
Football is sh*t!
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:10
Regular
2 days ago i ordered winning 11 6 from lik-sang.com, but after adding up customs charges, shipping and courier services plus freeloader and seperate memory card im paying over 120 quid. i might as well cancel the order and buy a ps2 with pro evo
Mon 17/02/03 at 20:42
Regular
Hmm. Methinks I'll just wait for Pro Evo 2 and ISS 3, and see which is better. The English language is very important to me and I don't want some nutcase tampering with my memory card.
Sun 16/02/03 at 20:43
Regular
The text translator is basically an English update of the game. There is someone on Ebay doing it for £10 and all you do is send the money along with your memory card where he will copy the save on his memory card with English menu systems and team names etc to your memory card. The commentary will still be Japanese but due to the nature of ISS commentary I don't think you would be really bothered. To see the £10 deal visit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws /eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3007757261 &category=20390

(Remove Spaces)

I have had to cancel my order from Lik-Sang because apparently I was unaware of additional charges which will incur when the game gets to this country. My mom rang the head customs office where he said that he couldn't predict the price but he said it would be in access of £60?! I am now looking for a copy on Ebay that is already in this country and so that I am not taken by surprise of any nasty additional charges.

Winning Eleven 6 is by far the best football game out of the 3 you mentioned and it includes very important updates from Pro Evolution 2. The Goal Keepers have had a make over so they now react more realistically and they don't make super natural mistakes like the ones reported in Pro Evolution 2. For a review of the game go to this link:

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/feature.we6fe.shtml

It is just a case of finding a copy on Ebay now but at the moment there aren't any for sale. If you would like any more information then just ask, however if you read the review you will see that Winning Eleven 6 Final Edition is by far the best football game on the market.
Sun 16/02/03 at 20:15
Regular
I really want a football game, and I've narrowed it down to three - ISS 3; Pro Evolution Soccer 2; Winning Eleven 6. Any up to date information on this game would be greatly appreciated, Alastair. Also, what's this text translator for £10.00 you speak of? All in all, it sounds great - just the Japanese language and possible expense putting me off.
Fri 14/02/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Even if it really is as brilliant as everyone says it is, I'm still not tempted to instantly import this game, just because it isn't getting released over-here in Europe.

It's all because of the Japanese text and that, really.
I wouldn't know who-was-who!

I still don't see why this game isn't getting released in Europe though. Especially when you consider the fact that Europeans love football a hell-of-a-lot-more than Japan! :P

So what if they part-hosted the last World Cup....??

After what I've ready, though, I'm quite looking forward to ISS 3, when that comes-out in May. Sounds like it could be as-good-as ISS 2000... :)
And besides, FIFA cannot last forever!
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I always feel guilty playing football games.

Especialy in the middle of summer.
Thu 13/02/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Bah, is it just me or does importing games just put you off? I like my games in English. :o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.