GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newsround - Out of Date"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 17:35
Regular
Whilst watching Newsround, they were commenting that some games were actually good for you as they build up how you think strategically and are almost as good as chess. But why did they have to show a guy playing a Megadrive? The clip didnt even look old... Strange. Perhaps they dont want to be seen promoting one console more than another, but thats what the guy on BBC's gamestation does. It is PS2 this PS2 that. Bloody fanboy...
Fri 14/02/03 at 14:07
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Yeah, I agree. Digitiser is much better, even if they did give StarFox
> Adventures a REALLY bad review.

For good reason.

It was a big fat sh*tfest.
Fri 14/02/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, I agree. Digitiser is much better, even if they did give StarFox Adventures a REALLY bad review. At least they know what they're talking about, produce it well, and update us on the latest news, dailly (excluding Sunday's).

I switch on Ceefax on C4 every morning/late evening just to check it out.
Fri 14/02/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Solskjær wrote:

> Oh, and back to the subject here....
> I hate Dave Gibbon too! Barely even ONCE does he even mention the word
> "GameCube"! And he also told someone looking for Shenmue II
> to look-on Amazon, where it's priced at around £60, brand-new!

Well he lives up to his name doesn't he? He's a true GIBBON!

Anyway, Digitiser on C4 page 175-179 is much better and side splittingly funny. I don't know how they do it. I laugh out loud every time I read it and my parents just gives me confused looks saying, "What? What's so funny?"

They'll never understand.
Fri 14/02/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
My mobile phone bill was £90 last month....

But i do use it for work...
Fri 14/02/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If I ever want to speak to someone who's quite far-away, then I always send them a text-message. I never phone them, that's just me.

I only ever phone people if I really have to, like when I ask for some help in the SR Bugs and Customer Service forum, and they always tell me to "Ring this number..."

And even if I was to phone someone, I wouldn't do it on my mobile.
It'd cost way-too-much, too-quickly!
Much cheaper to get home and use the land-line.

Looking at my phone now...
My "All Call's Duration" is: "00.09.34", and I've had this phone since Christmas. All my Dialled Calls have lasted about 4.5 minutes, and it's roughly the same for all Incoming Calls. I've got quite a few messages still in my Inbox though.

My last-call lasted only 8-seconds - and that was earlier today when I phoned-home to get a lift home off my mum. It was basiclly "Hi... - ....Bye."

Oh, and back to the subject here....
I hate Dave Gibbon too! Barely even ONCE does he even mention the word "GameCube"! And he also told someone looking for Shenmue II to look-on Amazon, where it's priced at around £60, brand-new!
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:59
Regular
"everyone says it"
cookie monster wrote:
> For 4p you could maybe talk for 6 seconds.

I find it to be talk for 10 seconds £10 is gone.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:46
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Yup
>
> Lets send 2 lines of txt crp for 10p
>
> Or ring someone and talk properly for about 4p
>
> Yup

If you are reffering to using a home phone then I would do If i had access and if you mean phone from my phone then you should know i can hardly state 3 situations like i normally do in a text message in 5 seconds which is what 10p would get me.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:23
Regular
Depends what tariff you're on, most of the ones I know talking for a minute is cheaper than a text
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
For 4p you could maybe talk for 6 seconds.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:12
Regular
Yup

Lets send 2 lines of txt crp for 10p

Or ring someone and talk properly for about 4p

Yup

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.