GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newsround - Out of Date"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 17:35
Regular
Whilst watching Newsround, they were commenting that some games were actually good for you as they build up how you think strategically and are almost as good as chess. But why did they have to show a guy playing a Megadrive? The clip didnt even look old... Strange. Perhaps they dont want to be seen promoting one console more than another, but thats what the guy on BBC's gamestation does. It is PS2 this PS2 that. Bloody fanboy...
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:35
Regular
"the burning sky"
Whilst watching Newsround, they were commenting that some games were actually good for you as they build up how you think strategically and are almost as good as chess. But why did they have to show a guy playing a Megadrive? The clip didnt even look old... Strange. Perhaps they dont want to be seen promoting one console more than another, but thats what the guy on BBC's gamestation does. It is PS2 this PS2 that. Bloody fanboy...
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:39
Regular
I'll give you a ring when I care
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:41
Regular
"the burning sky"
You want my number then?
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:42
Regular
Please
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Conker the King"
Oi! you couple of love birds, stop arguing. ALL of the T.V games programmes promote the PS2, so that the sheep out there go and buy it! They're like daleks - I MUST BUY A PS2...I MUST BUY A PS2...MY MATES GOT ONE..I MUST BUY A PS2...and it just goes on and on.
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:46
Regular
"the burning sky"
If i post it i will get tons of text messages probably abusive...ahhh well
Please dont ring me! Text if you want 07952087464
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:47
Regular
"the burning sky"
N64 4 EVA wrote:
> Oi! you couple of love birds, stop arguing. ALL of the T.V games
> programmes promote the PS2, so that the sheep out there go and buy it!
> They're like daleks - I MUST BUY A PS2...I MUST BUY A PS2...MY MATES
> GOT ONE..I MUST BUY A PS2...and it just goes on and on.

The other day i persuaded one of my mates to buy a cube, he was gonna get a PS2, and didnt consider the cube. I told him about some of the games and he was impressed, especially with AC..
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
What ARE you doing?
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:49
Regular
"the burning sky"
What the phone thing, how do you know i posted the right number?
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:53
Regular
"Conker the King"
Yeh, thats true. A mate of mine has a PS2 and for the first time last Friday he played Super Mario Sunshine and was blown away. He is now getting a cube as well. The trouble is there is a whole generation out there who dont even know that anything other than the bloody playstation exists!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.