GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are you gonna?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 20:48
Regular
This may be spam but I just want to know who's gonna be buying the Royal Rumblle from Sky Box Office for £14?

I wont be as I see it as a waste of money. For £14 I could buy it on video when it comes out and still have £1 change!
Fri 11/01/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thats absurd £14!! - Still I will probably get it!!
Fri 11/01/02 at 20:26
Afro, I agree the wwf has been a bit lacklustre lately, but with the return of hhh, and benoit, rhyno, they should be able to improve a bit. Saying that they blew the invasion angle, that could have been sooooo huge. Have you noticed they don't have many sponsors lately?
Fri 11/01/02 at 20:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I suggest you boycott buying the Royal Rumble. If Sky get a good response, you may find that you will have to pay for every PPV. This would be unfair considering that the WWF don't usually put on a good event in the UK.
Fri 11/01/02 at 20:54
Regular
£14 pounds is a rip off, just to watch a wrestling event! i know they are good and that Rumble is probably the best PPV in the year but its just not worth it, you might as well buy it when it comes out on video or borrow it off a mate (which is what im doing).
Fri 11/01/02 at 22:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think I might be staying over at a mates to watch the Rumble, and they would be paying for it........ but my mum isn't happy with the exams I have the next day. Bah!
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:39
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I was hopeing that Sky picked up the rights, I really was. Now I wish they hadn't.

Why they feel they have to take advantage of a p*ssed of UK Fan base is beond me. Well if they think they are getting my £14 then they are VERY Wrong. I always watch the WWF, wither live or on tape, one way or another, but not this time. I also agree with the person who said about Sky putting all PPV's onto Box Office. If they think they can get away with it, which is yet another reason why I will not get the Rumble, and I think everyone should do the same, and show sky that this isn't on. Even if they keep to putting their old contract on Sky Sports, what about the other 3 PPV's, Backlash, Fully Loaded, Armageddon/Vengence, not to mention the two UK PPV's a year.

As good as an event the Royal Rumble is, I'm gonna wait till it's out on Video ... if I'm paying £14 for the tape, at least Sky don't get to see any of it.

I didn't like Channel 4 for canceling, but now Sky have it on Box Office, I REALLY Don't like Channel 4 for canceling.

But to all who do get it on Box Office, I hope you enjoy it :o)

*Glad to get out his rage* hehe
Sat 12/01/02 at 11:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
I don't think Sky will put the other PPVs on Box Office, even if the Rumble does get a good buy rate.

It's because this is the first time Sky have ever had the Rumble. They've never put it on Box Office before, and considering we weren't gonna see it all many will be thankful they are showing it.

However, PPVs like Unforgiven, Summerslam, WrestleMania etc, the PPVs Sky have always had, have always been free on Sky Sports 1.

People can't really complain about the Rumble being on Box Office, because it's never been on Sky before. However, if they put the other PPVs on Box Office there will be thousands of complaints, because when previously they were free, for no reason at all they are moved to Box Office.

Do you get my drift?
Sat 12/01/02 at 11:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I think I might be staying over at a mates to watch the Rumble, and they would
> be paying for it........ but my mum isn't happy with the exams I have the next
> day. Bah!

Go to bed early all week, and then keep perstering your mum. She'll give in in the end. {:)

Go on AJ, you know you want to.
Sat 12/01/02 at 12:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ant wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> I think I might be staying over at a mates to watch the
> Rumble, and they would
> be paying for it........ but my mum isn't happy
> with the exams I have the next
> day. Bah!

Go to bed early all week, and
> then keep perstering your mum. She'll give in in the end. {:)

Go on AJ, you
> know you want to.

I just don't get to sleep early, it's a thing about me. I tried to get to sleep about 9 the past week. It turned out a bit closer to midnight. :D
Sat 12/01/02 at 14:03
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Ant wrote: People can't really complain

Oh they Can Ant, an they can do it easily I might add :o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.