GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import Issues - HELP!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 20:16
Regular
Hi, i'm new (this is only my second post), but can anyone help me out?
I have a Gamecube that plays US and JAP, and I love it.
Now i'm considering selling my UK PS2 for a pre-modified one so I can play US games on that too. Thing is, i've of people having problems with some chips and it's kind of knocking me back a little. Please bear in mind I have absolutely no interest in pirates as they knackered my old PSone a couple of years back. any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Thu 10/01/02 at 20:16
Regular
Hi, i'm new (this is only my second post), but can anyone help me out?
I have a Gamecube that plays US and JAP, and I love it.
Now i'm considering selling my UK PS2 for a pre-modified one so I can play US games on that too. Thing is, i've of people having problems with some chips and it's kind of knocking me back a little. Please bear in mind I have absolutely no interest in pirates as they knackered my old PSone a couple of years back. any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Thu 10/01/02 at 20:21
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
There used to be a site called Neo Tecnology. You could buy pre modded PS2's from there, and they gave you a guarantee to replace the one given buy Sony.

Sony have recently shut down this company, and many others, which means if you do get a modified PS2 you're probably on your own.

I would strongly recommend NOT getting a modified PS2. Just wait the extra time for the game. If you sell your orginal PS2 you will regret it.
Thu 10/01/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I spent a fair bit of time looking into this subject and came to the conclusion that if your that intent on pplaying USA games buy a USA PS2, they are expensive but chipping isn't worth the hassle.
Why do you think no-one has released mods yet - our PS2 came out 14 months ago, if anyone had a good reliable chip they could have made a mint by now.

By the way I only looked into chipping so I could play original USA games NOT pirated copies
Fri 11/01/02 at 01:23
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
yeah uk_vamp has been waiting for a good chip before taking the risk but at the mo i'm i mean he is learning to leave it for a while ;)
Sat 12/01/02 at 18:41
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
gamecube is very good for playing on the imports but the ps2's hardware is just a little harder to defeat at the momment too many fake chips and problems.
Sun 13/01/02 at 22:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Got 2 things going bad right now - 1 is that I can't start a new topic still :-( Makes me enter my e-mail and password and then doesn't accept them, I can only reply to other peoples topics.

The other is that I tried playing my Bloody Roar 3 game last night (a GAD I won a few months back or so) and found that the music was all jumpy and one of the company logo's went all weird before the intro. I looked at the disk and its got a couple of scratches on it !!! :-((

It gets to me cause I've hardly played it where the games were building pretty fast at the time. Dunno what to do about it :-(
Mon 14/01/02 at 01:50
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
so it jumped on the intro and jerk on the game music on your machine 2 as well did it. i had a music cd once do the same thing. really annoys me that does when it happens.

oh i have to buy capcom vs snk 2 now as soon as i get some doh damn you
Tue 15/01/02 at 16:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thought you'd like that game ;-) I've been using a few different characters to find a good team. Found that I'm pretty good with Joe Higashi - that thai boxer you said you liked.

So far one of the strongest combinations I like using is Ryo, Evil Ryu and Joe (or replace Joe with Kyo or Iori).

My friends were talking about doing an going league thing with the Smackdown game. If theres plenty of us then we could do that - especially with created characters ;-)
Could be a right laugh :-)
Tue 15/01/02 at 18:10
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
count me in for that as long as i don't have to play taxi if you know what i mean :)

arange a date a i'll BRING IT ON

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE BARS-TARD IS COOKING :)
Tue 15/01/02 at 20:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My friends will make their own way mate - its just a matter of getting Jay and Lee over.

As for smelling what your cooking - yeah I can, just goto the toilet ! ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.