GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/02/03 at 11:15
Regular
Im trying to decide on what game to get next for my GC,
Ny current collection is:
Star Wars Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Waverace: Blue Storm, Resident Evil, Super Monkey Ball, Turok: Evolution, Super Mario Sunshine, Exttreme-G 3, Burnout, Smugglers Run: Warzones.

And Ive ordered Metroid Prime on Import.

The 4 games Im gonna choose from are:
Eternal Darkness - To compliment Resident Evil.
Starfox Adventures - To pass the time in the run up to Zelda coming out.
Star Wars: Clone Wars - something to keep my trigger finger happy.
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - its Sonic on a Nintendo machine with GBA link up.

Any advice as to which it should be.
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Im trying to decide on what game to get next for my GC,
Ny current collection is:
Star Wars Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Waverace: Blue Storm, Resident Evil, Super Monkey Ball, Turok: Evolution, Super Mario Sunshine, Exttreme-G 3, Burnout, Smugglers Run: Warzones.

And Ive ordered Metroid Prime on Import.

The 4 games Im gonna choose from are:
Eternal Darkness - To compliment Resident Evil.
Starfox Adventures - To pass the time in the run up to Zelda coming out.
Star Wars: Clone Wars - something to keep my trigger finger happy.
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - its Sonic on a Nintendo machine with GBA link up.

Any advice as to which it should be.
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:23
"Uzi Lover"
Probably Eternal Darkness for you, but I don't like it.

If you liked Resident Evil alot then get it.

Starfox won't pass the time before Zelda, you'd of completed it by next week.
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:25
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I wouldn't bother with Eternal Darkness, im a big fan of the resi series but found Eternal Darkness pretty dull.
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:26
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Ah well Im getting zelda on import from the states and then comes out next month (an exact date would be helpful, anyone?) so There wont be much time to pass.
But eternal darkness is strong favourite.
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:31
Regular
Most deinfetly get Eternal Darkness, I don't care what these 2 say it fookin rules.
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:32
Regular
Deinfetly?
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:33
Regular
"aliens exist"
ok, of the games ur thinking about ive played them all except star fox,

star wars: the clone wars - dire, don’t get this as it will disappoint, the first few levels are crap, just driving around in this weird car thing with crap controls shooting the same things over and over, then there’s a few lightsaber levels, which are very short, and the controls are just so poor, it was a total let down,

Eternal darkness – great, get this, not as long as resi but still great, u need to play it in long goes, to get into it. The magick and atmosphere is great to, I recommend this

Sonic adventure 2 battle: dire, if u love the original sonic, don’t get this,. I did and I’m sorry I did, which is why I exchanged it, although the stats show that this game has sold more copies than any other gamecube game, its purely cos of the name, the gameplay is bad, and its totally for children, the voice acting is crap and sonic isn’t cool any more, plus theres loads of annoying find the emerald levels, which u use a radar to find emeralds and also the levels with dr egg man (robotnick no me and you ) and tails, which find u in a suit with a laser, and every level is the same.

Star fox, - never played it and im in two minds whether to buy it ive read good reviews, and poor reviews, so if anyone could review this game I would be greatful
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:35
Regular
Starfox is maximum stinkuss. I'd sooner catch leprosy than be forced to play that vile, abomination of a game again.
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:37
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Most deinfetly get Eternal Darkness, I don't care what these 2 say it
> fookin rules.

In your opinion, which is fair enough. I didnt like some aspects of the game such as the combat system.
And I think its definitely, but I wouldn't say im certain.
Fri 14/02/03 at 11:39
Regular
english_bloke wrote:

> In your opinion, which is fair enough. I didnt like some aspects of
> the game such as the combat system.

That's one of the bits of the game that I thought was great. Simple yet so much fun.

Different strokes I guess.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.