GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube blunder threatens Nintendo's continued existence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 16:06
Regular
Nintendo of America are allegedly on the verge of financial ruin following shock reports from a Washington games store. Scientists have confirmed suspicions that the Gamecube is capable of sexual reproduction pointing out that this renders Nintendo's excessive prices entirely redundant. The drama unfolded in an undisclosed games store situated in a Washington mall. Said store worker, and former rock star, Hank Marvin "We had ordered in 200 Gamecubes as we saw them as being this year's must-have console and easily expected them to sell out. The thing is I opened the store room this morning and we had over 1000 consoles in there. It was clear that this was no shipping error so I called up top bond-film scientist Denise Richards to investigate. She confirmed today that the Gamecubes were actually reproducing at a phenonemal rate."

While this is great news for consumers everywhere Nintendo looks set to be bankrupted by the development. Speaking on behalf of Nintendo boxing promoter Don King outlined the dilemma:
"Nintendo are facing the prince in the battle of the night sky. The console got game I tell you and in this kind of life we face the adversities of outrageous misfortune like slings and arrows."
When asked what exactly he was rambling on about King then quoted from Sir Winston Churchill: "In war, resolution. In defeat, defiance. In victory, magnanimity. In peace, good will." King added: "We shall never, ever surrender."

Disgraced former Tory MP Neil Hamilton was blamed for the mishap, which had resulted in Nintendo's gamecubes being fitted with fully functional sex organs. A court action has been launched and looks set to further bankrupt Hamilton, as Nintendo are looking to receive over $2 billion in compensation. Hamiliton's wife Christine announced to the assembled media:
"This was the straw that broke the camel's back. We've been accused of some pretty horrific things in the past but this.. this is too much. It's nonsense on stilts I tell you!"

WHile the possibility of consumers breeding their own gamecubes may seem like the end for the console's marketability, Nintendo do plan a counter offensive. Spokesman Fred Elliot commented "All gamecubes sold in the UK are to be neutered. This has set the release date back by several months but hey, good things come to those who wait."

Stock market analysts predict a complete recovery when Nintendo launch a competition open to buyers of the console. Plans are afoot to allow three lucky gamecube owners to take home either Rod Steiger, Marlon Brando or Charlton Heston. Said Nintendo fan Bob Hoskins "It's the chance of a lifetime, I know I'll be entering!"

At the time of going to press Big Brother star "Brian" was said to be manically depressed about the news, however he is unavaillable for comment at the present moment. We'll keep you up-to-date as the situation develops.
Fri 11/01/02 at 08:12
Regular
"not dead"
:-D
Fri 11/01/02 at 00:36
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Strafex wrote:
> When a Playstation owner told me that the Gamecube was gay, I had no idea...

Already the equal opportunities activists Liberty have called for gay Gamecubes to have equal status as heterosexual ones. However, the appeal fell on deaf ears, the US Senate has just released a statement calling for the Gamecube to be banned following a letter from the mainly Nationalist Garvaghy Road in Portadown, complaining that it was promoting "loose morals" in its core market of teenagers. US senator Barry White was adamant that the console should face censure "There's people making babies to my music. That's nice. But consoles reproducing.. that's just twisted."

Look out in tomorrow's Daily Mail wehre you can cut out a meaningless piece of paper to show your support for the ban, which can then be stuck to your forehead, preferably with superglue.
Thu 10/01/02 at 22:37
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Thank you Dringo!

No shock developments yet, apart from unconfirmed reports that the Gamecube has been sent into de-evolution after one mated with a NES that a careless consumer had left out in the open. With NES genes entering the frame the Gamecube could soon regress to near SNES levels of performance.

Nintendo also confirmed that Marlon Brando was the first legendary actor to be won in the "Great Gamecube Giveaway". Lucky winner Darius from Popstars says he will have the actor stuffed and mounted on his wall. Brando declined to comment on his imminent stufing but said that he was glad to be helping Nintendo's cause.
Thu 10/01/02 at 22:31
Regular
When a Playstation owner told me that the Gamecube was gay, I had no idea...
Thu 10/01/02 at 22:21
Regular
This has to be one of the best posts i have read in a long time keep it up.
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:37
Regular
"Bah"
nothing new ther then - nintendo bankrupt
MM
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:32
Regular
"That's right!"
I think your eyes were more hungry than your stomach

And I just heard scientists have sucessfully bred a GameCube with the ugly 80's looking video player - the PS2. Expect photos of this genetic freak to be released soon
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:29
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Stryke wrote:
> Jonman wrote:

OK, I admit, there is such a thing
> as too much
> Pokemon.

--

You can never have too much Pokemon.

You'll be talking out of the other side of your face after your 12th roasted Pikachu. They're a lot more filling than they look.
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:28
Regular
Jonman wrote:

OK, I admit, there is such a thing
> as too much Pokemon.

--

You can never have too much Pokemon.
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:20
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Surely that means that you can cross breed them? So you cross breed a purple one with a black one, then level up a few times, it'll evolve into a whole new console, and can learn new powers.....

OK, I admit, there is such a thing as too much Pokemon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.