GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And the results are in..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/07 at 23:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Basically, for those it applies to, who here has got results from their exams, coursework or whatever? And who here is still waiting for theirs?

I have quite a tale to tell, so I might as well to kick off this topic.

Around about March time, my mum was diagnosed with cancer and had the tumour removed in May. She's been recovering ever since and began radiotherapy about a week ago.

Now then, because she had the operation in May, it mean that she was (and still is) recovering afterwards, and that was before I had finished at college. This put immense pressure on me to keep everything running as smoothly as possible at home, because my brother and dad both carried on expecting everything to continue as normal. But as well as this, I had colege work to do.

The deadline to hand in my work was the 18th of June I think, and it was evident that I wasn't going to finish in time. So I worked my ass off, pretty much non-stop but eventually had to admit defeat and ask for an extension. New hand-in date: 2nd July.

Still working my ass off, practically non-stop, up until the last few minutes of the hand-in date, before the hand-in office closed, I managed to finish off, just about, rush it to the office and get it in on time. Phew!!

I knew that wasn't the end for me, because my mum is now having radiotherapy and still needs care at home, but it was a massive weight off my chest. But I still wasn't sleeping well. I was worrying about my work, worrying about finding a job because my mum is no longer earning, worrying about keeping everything running in the house and I was a wreck.

Then a letter arrived today with the college logo o the envelope. I picked it up, almost shaking, expecting the worst. Perhaps the extension hadn't gone through properly and they were going to tell me I'd failed because I'd handed it in two weeks late? Or maybe I had simply failed. I was expecting the worst anyway, and was really hoping i got a Pass.

So I opened the letter, and as expected, it was a letter concerning my results.

Merit
Merit
Merit
Distinction

Woohoo! Now I can sleep easy, and I think I'll go to bed early tonight. It's been a busy day. But I'm not out of the woods yet. Mum's radiotherapy continues for another 6 weeks or so, so that's how long I'll be keeping things moving in the house.,

The distinction was for the unit right at the end, where i got the extension, the one I was workin my ass off at, working around my commitments at home.

Woot!

So, anyone here willing to share your results? Are you still waiting?
Thu 19/07/07 at 23:42
Regular
Brilliant, congrats Twain.

I passed my first essay then got absolutely swamped. I can't concentrate on the work, barely read it.. so I've had to give it in for the time being I think. I'm going to return to it once I get myself on different medication I think, something that doesn't turn me into a zombie.

Best wishes for your mum too, sounds like everything is coming along ok?
Thu 19/07/07 at 23:29
Regular
I'll be waiting till late august, I'll either be pleasantly suprised or terribly disappointed.
Thu 19/07/07 at 23:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Basically, for those it applies to, who here has got results from their exams, coursework or whatever? And who here is still waiting for theirs?

I have quite a tale to tell, so I might as well to kick off this topic.

Around about March time, my mum was diagnosed with cancer and had the tumour removed in May. She's been recovering ever since and began radiotherapy about a week ago.

Now then, because she had the operation in May, it mean that she was (and still is) recovering afterwards, and that was before I had finished at college. This put immense pressure on me to keep everything running as smoothly as possible at home, because my brother and dad both carried on expecting everything to continue as normal. But as well as this, I had colege work to do.

The deadline to hand in my work was the 18th of June I think, and it was evident that I wasn't going to finish in time. So I worked my ass off, pretty much non-stop but eventually had to admit defeat and ask for an extension. New hand-in date: 2nd July.

Still working my ass off, practically non-stop, up until the last few minutes of the hand-in date, before the hand-in office closed, I managed to finish off, just about, rush it to the office and get it in on time. Phew!!

I knew that wasn't the end for me, because my mum is now having radiotherapy and still needs care at home, but it was a massive weight off my chest. But I still wasn't sleeping well. I was worrying about my work, worrying about finding a job because my mum is no longer earning, worrying about keeping everything running in the house and I was a wreck.

Then a letter arrived today with the college logo o the envelope. I picked it up, almost shaking, expecting the worst. Perhaps the extension hadn't gone through properly and they were going to tell me I'd failed because I'd handed it in two weeks late? Or maybe I had simply failed. I was expecting the worst anyway, and was really hoping i got a Pass.

So I opened the letter, and as expected, it was a letter concerning my results.

Merit
Merit
Merit
Distinction

Woohoo! Now I can sleep easy, and I think I'll go to bed early tonight. It's been a busy day. But I'm not out of the woods yet. Mum's radiotherapy continues for another 6 weeks or so, so that's how long I'll be keeping things moving in the house.,

The distinction was for the unit right at the end, where i got the extension, the one I was workin my ass off at, working around my commitments at home.

Woot!

So, anyone here willing to share your results? Are you still waiting?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.