GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silicon Idol"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/01/02 at 19:30
Regular
Oh yes here it is at long last... Silicon Idol!

No this is not some strange perverse thing like my name this is merely an adaption to the "cult" (i would rather call them poo) hit TV shows Pop Idol and Popstars.

Yes you guessed it, i want you to vote your favourite of all time Silicon Hero, the one you feel has contibuted to hours of delight for our small little minds.

I start of by suggesting Lara Croft (mmm...) not just is she Silicon but she is Silicon!? erm... u know what i mean!

Anyways over to you guys... no fantasising over cast votes as i do not really want to know! and also at the end of the week i will come up with the our true...

SILICON IDOL!
Sun 13/01/02 at 00:11
"I h8 ron atkinson"
yeeeesssssssss... *scratches his head and looks away for help!*
Sat 12/01/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Wasting away"
Mr Gynaecologist wrote:
Reals around on his bed in shock!

thats nasty... and you can get to sleep ok at night?!

Here is a prime example of what happened to someoen who was a complete idiot on my forums.

http://viewandplay.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13

Enjoy.
Sat 12/01/02 at 00:30
"I h8 ron atkinson"
½pint wrote:
> To Mr. Gynaecologist,

Since you are a telephone operator, could you look into
> a problem for me. AGES ago (like, July 2001), I sent away my 25 reddies for 6
> free gifts (I also had to renew my membership). I never received anything,
> except for 1 gift and a magazine, plus a receipt saying I had renewed. About 2
> months later, I rang up SR asking about the problem. I spoke to some really
> incompetent person who knew nothing about SR, and all he did was say 'It should
> reach you soon'. Another month or so later, I rang again, saying that he'd
> forward it to customer services, and that they might ring me. Since then, I've
> had no phone call, and no free gifts. I am getting annoyed; the gifts may be
> only worth about £5, but I am owed 6, and SR is breaking a promise to me,
> which they are legally obliged to carry out.

Just hoped you may be able to
> give me any 'advice' on what I could do about the situation.

Ok i will take a look into it, im actually not in until Sunday soooo... what i will do is ask you to call on Sunday at precisley.. 1pm and i will pick up and we can sort it out, i cant do much else because you shouldnt broadcast your mem. no. could be risky, so phone me up on Sunday and i sort it all out, The code word for me is... The Gynaecologist! only joking!
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:27
Regular
Lord Semajal wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> oh yeah i forgot guys are amune to the stink that comes
> from their rooms..

read what you said i said again!
Fri 11/01/02 at 22:56
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Mystique wrote:
> oh yeah i forgot guys are amune to the stink that comes from their rooms..
its
> a mixture of sweat,socks,old food,lynx(i cant stand lynx) and i hate to think
> what else

my room has no odor. Mainly cos i would be unable to stand the smell of the oldfood/socks etc

its a mess but it doesn't smell.
Fri 11/01/02 at 22:02
Regular
½pint wrote:
legally

he's talking tough guy now...
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:37
Regular
"¬_¬"
To Mr. Gynaecologist,

Since you are a telephone operator, could you look into a problem for me. AGES ago (like, July 2001), I sent away my 25 reddies for 6 free gifts (I also had to renew my membership). I never received anything, except for 1 gift and a magazine, plus a receipt saying I had renewed. About 2 months later, I rang up SR asking about the problem. I spoke to some really incompetent person who knew nothing about SR, and all he did was say 'It should reach you soon'. Another month or so later, I rang again, saying that he'd forward it to customer services, and that they might ring me. Since then, I've had no phone call, and no free gifts. I am getting annoyed; the gifts may be only worth about £5, but I am owed 6, and SR is breaking a promise to me, which they are legally obliged to carry out.

Just hoped you may be able to give me any 'advice' on what I could do about the situation.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Wasting away"
Just goes to show. SR are desperate and are now employing homeless people they've pulled off the streets ;-)
Thu 10/01/02 at 23:46
"I h8 ron atkinson"
Mystique stop thinking ahead of me its not good for you! i was going to taunt you ... hmmm ... i may still do it... nah as a true warrior who dies by his words you beat me a warrior knows when he is defeated... usually see's the light... but in my case grrrrr... next time i shall get my taunt in!
Thu 10/01/02 at 23:41
Regular
Mr Gynaecologist wrote:
Veeeerrrry close with the slid under the bed stuff... but no
> cigar!

i dont think i want to know

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.