GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Royal Rumble to be Shown On Sky"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/01/02 at 14:59
Regular
Due to high demand, Sky have decided to buy the rights to the Royal Rumble and will show it live on - you guessed it - Sky Box Office for the sum of £14.

Talk about the smell of making a killing.
Sat 12/01/02 at 13:48
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Oh, and when I say All PPV's I really ment the 4 that Channel 4 had, sorry.

But it all comes down to money in they end .... and in the end, I can't afford the PPV right now, so will have to save up for the Video (hey, at least I won't have that Sky Box Office logo in the corner then, lol).

But I suppose your right, at least we are able to see the Rumble .... if we are willing and able to pay for it.
Sat 12/01/02 at 13:45
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
What I ment is that in the USA, they don't have to pay an extra subscription for TNN/UPN to see RAW and SmackDown, whereas we have to pay for the Sky Sports Channels on top of the normal Digital Subscription .... which doesn't mean much to you and me as we don't have to pay it, hehe (well not all of it in my case) but as for us getting it Free, thats not true at all, we are paying the same as the USA were before, it's just that we get a 24Hour Channel for the Sky Sports Subscription, where as the USA only get the 3 Hour WWF Event. But I can't say that I watch a lot of Sky Sports, I only got it for the Wrestling. (and not to mention some of the good footie matches are also on PPV here now).

As for being thankful to sky, I'm sorry, but thats not something I will be until the Royal Rumble is on Sky Sports 1 where it belongs.
Sat 12/01/02 at 12:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
cjh wrote:

At the end of the day, for a month of
> RAW, SmackDown and a PPV we'd be paying the same as the people in America, as
> well as the extra 2 UK PPV's a year. But if Sky start putting PPV's on Box
> Office, we will be paying way more.

If people buy the Royal Rumble, Sky will
> think that it's a good idea to move all of the PPV's to Box Office, which is on
> of the reasons I'm not getting it, and I feel I'm paying to much to sky as it
> is, and I'm not paying them anymore.

I don't think Sky will put the other PPVs on Box Office, even if the Rumble does get a good buy rate.

It's because this is the first time Sky have ever had the Rumble. They've never put it on Box Office before, and considering we weren't gonna see it all many will be thankful they are showing it.

However, PPVs like Unforgiven, Summerslam, WrestleMania etc, the PPVs Sky have always had, have always been free on Sky Sports 1.

People can't really complain about the Rumble being on Box Office, because it's never been on Sky before. However, if they put the other PPVs on Box Office there will be thousands of complaints, because when previously they were free, for no reason at all they are moved to Box Office.
Sat 12/01/02 at 12:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
cjh wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it's equal to around £12 or £13 for a PPV in the
> USA. But you have to remember we have to pay an extra Subscription to Sky Sports
> 1, whereas TNN and UPN are channels that come a part of a basic Cable channel in
> the USA, kinda like Sky One or Bravo.

Not on Digital, I don't think...

We don't pay extra for Sky Sports, we just have a monthly bill for all the channels we have.

TNN is a cable channel, UPN is a terrestrial one I believe.

And anyway, I don't pay for the Sky bill. {:)
Sat 12/01/02 at 01:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm pretty sure it's equal to around £12 or £13 for a PPV in the USA. But you have to remember we have to pay an extra Subscription to Sky Sports 1, whereas TNN and UPN are channels that come a part of a basic Cable channel in the USA, kinda like Sky One or Bravo.

At the end of the day, for a month of RAW, SmackDown and a PPV we'd be paying the same as the people in America, as well as the extra 2 UK PPV's a year. But if Sky start putting PPV's on Box Office, we will be paying way more.

If people buy the Royal Rumble, Sky will think that it's a good idea to move all of the PPV's to Box Office, which is on of the reasons I'm not getting it, and I feel I'm paying to much to sky as it is, and I'm not paying them anymore.

With this and some of the fottie going on Box Office, I think it's coming to the point where I'll be unable to afford it all, and have to stop watching altogether :o(. And I don't want that to happen,
Thu 10/01/02 at 20:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
On the subject of how much Americans pay...

Afro says around £5, but I read that at least one PPV last year was around $21.

Surely that's more than a fiver?
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:37
Regular
"Guess who..."
Well, I have t pa for it anyhoo over here, so I don't care! I have no choice!
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:37
Regular
"Guess who..."
Well, I have t pa for it anyhoo over here, so I don't care! I have no choice!
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:36
Regular
"That's right!"
I can't get Sky Box Office, only the film and sport channels... Darn their black hearts
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well it is a lot cheaper over there, the equivelant of £5 over here..... I saw No Way Out 2000 in America. The one with Triple H vs Mick in the cell, great match that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.