GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DM Games - How far can they go?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 14:30
Regular
What are the limits of bad taste that a DM can push? This question came up when I saw a gaming group that was thinking about running a GURPS Special Ops campaign. They will be participating in The Second Gulf War (or whatever they're going to call it). They got some skeptical looks when they announced this? Is it in bad taste to game a real world war that hasn't happened yet?

Appently Holistic Design doesn't thing this is a bad thing. Not only did they produce a d20 Afganistan supplement but they're producing a d20 Somalia supplement as well. Their explanation for releasing such a supplement is here: http://www.holistic-design.com/News/WhyAfganistan.html .

So I ask you in say 10 years will we have a game out about the Palestinian/Israel war over the Gaza Strip. I think this has got to stop now before it gets out of hand. It's ok having games about fake wars that people have made up (ie. Command and Conquer - Tiberian Sun)as these games will not affect people that may have had close connections with those lost a war.

My opinion may not mean alot and these games may keep on coming all we can do is...

Wait.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:40
"Darkness, always"
Rosalind wrote:
> I can. I had an electronic hand held space invaders game made
> entirely of different LEDs lighting up. Made before I was born. My
> first game. Hah!

Damn you.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Festivus!"
I entered the market witha NES - although I already had a Atari

Dallying Monks?
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:38
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I entered the market with an Atari 2600.
>
> Beat that.

I can. I had an electronic hand held space invaders game made entirely of different LEDs lighting up. Made before I was born. My first game. Hah!
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:37
"Darkness, always"
I entered the market with an Atari 2600.

Beat that.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I remember DangerMouse on my trusty C64...

You were lucky I had to put up with a Commador +4 and then much later a Speccy 48K

you were spoiled.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:25
"Darkness, always"
I remember DangerMouse on my trusty C64...
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:24
"possibly impossible"
Dangermouse, now that needs another game. Ah, I remember the 8bit version now....
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:33
"I hate that!!!"
no no no, your all wrong. DM stands for Doughnut Monster
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:26
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
Haha
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:17
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Drunken Monkey?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.