GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DM Games - How far can they go?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 14:30
Regular
What are the limits of bad taste that a DM can push? This question came up when I saw a gaming group that was thinking about running a GURPS Special Ops campaign. They will be participating in The Second Gulf War (or whatever they're going to call it). They got some skeptical looks when they announced this? Is it in bad taste to game a real world war that hasn't happened yet?

Appently Holistic Design doesn't thing this is a bad thing. Not only did they produce a d20 Afganistan supplement but they're producing a d20 Somalia supplement as well. Their explanation for releasing such a supplement is here: http://www.holistic-design.com/News/WhyAfganistan.html .

So I ask you in say 10 years will we have a game out about the Palestinian/Israel war over the Gaza Strip. I think this has got to stop now before it gets out of hand. It's ok having games about fake wars that people have made up (ie. Command and Conquer - Tiberian Sun)as these games will not affect people that may have had close connections with those lost a war.

My opinion may not mean alot and these games may keep on coming all we can do is...

Wait.
Wed 19/02/03 at 14:30
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
What are the limits of bad taste that a DM can push? This question came up when I saw a gaming group that was thinking about running a GURPS Special Ops campaign. They will be participating in The Second Gulf War (or whatever they're going to call it). They got some skeptical looks when they announced this? Is it in bad taste to game a real world war that hasn't happened yet?

Appently Holistic Design doesn't thing this is a bad thing. Not only did they produce a d20 Afganistan supplement but they're producing a d20 Somalia supplement as well. Their explanation for releasing such a supplement is here: http://www.holistic-design.com/News/WhyAfganistan.html .

So I ask you in say 10 years will we have a game out about the Palestinian/Israel war over the Gaza Strip. I think this has got to stop now before it gets out of hand. It's ok having games about fake wars that people have made up (ie. Command and Conquer - Tiberian Sun)as these games will not affect people that may have had close connections with those lost a war.

My opinion may not mean alot and these games may keep on coming all we can do is...

Wait.
Wed 19/02/03 at 14:33
"For the horde!!!!"
latchford wrote:
> What are the limits of bad taste that a DM can push?

you lost me whats DM?
Wed 19/02/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Dangermouse?
Wed 19/02/03 at 14:42
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
its a game based on real life. Dont know what the letters stand for but thats what it is.
Wed 19/02/03 at 14:46
"For the horde!!!!"
Dynasty monkeys :)
Wed 19/02/03 at 15:30
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
Ive already explained what a DM is.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:18
Regular
"DS..."
Dirty Microsoft :D

slik ~_~
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:19
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
This is were your supposed to post your views on what ive just said!
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:19
"Darkness, always"
Dimunitive Maggots.
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:10
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
very funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.