GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Join me!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/09/00 at 19:12
Regular
Today sees a new day for the maturity of the discussion forums, as I have started an orginisation to watch the topics and biasism (Is that a word?) of subjects.
The unbiased read everything association, or UREA for short, will read everything in the future of gaming forums that relate to Console wars, and if ANY part of the text is biased, it will be warned by UREA. No one must then take any notice of what this person has said.
Watch out, UREA is everywhere.
Wed 06/09/00 at 19:12
Regular
Today sees a new day for the maturity of the discussion forums, as I have started an orginisation to watch the topics and biasism (Is that a word?) of subjects.
The unbiased read everything association, or UREA for short, will read everything in the future of gaming forums that relate to Console wars, and if ANY part of the text is biased, it will be warned by UREA. No one must then take any notice of what this person has said.
Watch out, UREA is everywhere.
Mon 11/09/00 at 10:21
Regular
"not dead"
I'm with you Grix. We must stop the Plethora of Individuals Stupid Statements from appearing here just read Fun And Relevant Topics.

BJLangley

Cambridge Unit Network Team
Mon 11/09/00 at 11:13
Yeah I agree too. Im new here and its really bad when you see a good topic but when you read it its just full of crap about get money now etc and stuff like that.
Mon 11/09/00 at 11:51
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Count me in too!

Bleeders, working for UREA - "We're watching you!"
Mon 11/09/00 at 13:41
Ever heard of the Thought Police?

(Although I do agree that a lot of stuff posted is dross)

Grix, you have a good opportunity here to become the evil dictator of the forums. Start off doing "good" things at first, then gradually start to use the organisation to your own advantage. Within 6 months you could have total control over all forums, here's some ideas for you, Grix days where only you get to post messages and therefore are guaranteed of winning the prize, or how about Praise Grix days where everyone has to write something nice about you? Or you could start "asking" for "donations" from people to allow them to post. If you want some good reference points try the rise of the Empire in the Star Wars Books, or Animal Farm by George Orwell, and why stop at these forums, today Special Reserve, tomorrow the entire Internet......

On a more serious note, life would be very boring if nobody ever had any bias towards anything they were discussing. But I agree that some people go a LOT too far with it sometimes. But I'm still not joining UREA until I get a good character reference for you Grix ;-)

I might start GAPWPSSEFTM .....the Group Against People Who Put Stupid Smiley (Etc) Faces in Their Messages.
Mon 11/09/00 at 13:45
...oh, and BJ Langley, what if your mother could see that disgusting acronym......? You should be ashamed ;-)
Mon 11/09/00 at 17:02
Regular
I am based on the almighty Grand Admrial Thrawn, from the Heir to the Empire books. Good enough character reference? Anyway, what was that about smiley faces, and I quote...
"You should be ashamed ;-)"
Mon 11/09/00 at 17:04
TIC

(Tounge In Cheek)
Mon 11/09/00 at 17:09
Regular
I am not saying stopping arguements anyway, I am just saying those who start, not add to a disscussion, should be ignored. Example:
The PS2 will whip Nintendos anus because they have better games.
Although this is very biased, it will not be stopped because it will start a good arguement. Whereas...
The Ps2 is loads better than the Nintendo because only childish w@nkers buy Pokemon to fuel Nintendos fire.
...is not entirely acceptable. Biasism and stupidness (once again... is that a word?) are two entirely different things.
So UREA will not be a dictatorship, ruled by me (he's on to me, my stormtroopers will fetch you), but just a cause to stop people from being iritated at the stupidity of the fanatics.
There we are, an advert for UREA. You know it makes some kind of sense, even if you don't understand...
Mon 11/09/00 at 17:11
Regular
"Under the Wall"
I think this place needs an evil dictatorship to keep things under control. I'd gladly become a hitman to strike against enemies of our mighty leader Grix, after he's hacked everyone's addresses out of the system.
Oh, and great tyranical leader, can I have my own forum please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.