GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 anyone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 20/02/03 at 09:19
Regular
Fools...

Sometimes I think that there are people on the xbox forum who have forgotten that the sequel to the best game on xbox is coming out.

Yeah, alright, so there isn't exactly dayly updates but still, maybe we can all say what we want in Halo 2 and when updates come, we can post them here...........
Thu 20/02/03 at 09:19
Regular
"He's back"
Fools...

Sometimes I think that there are people on the xbox forum who have forgotten that the sequel to the best game on xbox is coming out.

Yeah, alright, so there isn't exactly dayly updates but still, maybe we can all say what we want in Halo 2 and when updates come, we can post them here...........
Thu 20/02/03 at 11:19
Regular
Its not a case that we don't know when it is coming out because everyone does. If you look through some of the threads further down the list both Mantis and I posted a lot about Halo 2 and the new features avabilable. The good thing is there are so many great games released each month from March onwards that I can wait for Halo 2. If its brewed longer it will have a better taste and after all for a game to reach the standards of Halo and then supass them is going to take time. Owning a GameCube as well is a big bonus because Metroid Prime is coming out next month and I can not wait :) Deus EX 2, Doom 3 and Operation Flashpoint will all have been released before Halo 2 and in the case of the latter it doesn't get any better. After reading this months XBM I can't believe the levels of which Halo 2 will reach and to start thinking about 1 year from now gives me nightmares :)

Patience is a virtue and we will be rewarded for the wait.
Thu 20/02/03 at 11:23
Regular
"Remember me?"
Can someone please explain to me what all the fuss is about Halo? I've played it, quite a lot, and I just don't see why everyone is getting so excited over the sequel. I just wasn't impressed by it at all, and I found Perfect Dark on the N64 to be a far more enjoyable first person shooter. If there's one FPS I'll be getting on X-Box, then it'll be Perfect Dark Zero.
Thu 20/02/03 at 11:55
Regular
Halo is the best FPS game I have ever played (closely followed by Deus EX) and unless you have played through the whole of the game it is hard to explain. The atmosphere is truly incredible and the saying 'you could cut it with a knife' applies to nearly every mission. The 5.1 Dolby Digital is the best I have heard yet out of all the Xbox games I have played. The graphics are solid and the attention to detial is unprecedented. Every single level is great to play and although the indoor missions can become repetitive they are far from boring. The story is brilliant and there are only a few cut scenes (which use the in game graqphics engine) to split the gameplay up. The controls are superb and very easy to pick up but it does take time to become a great player. The game is long in length yet every minute is occupied by a tense feeling in the atmosphere and a progression in the story.

I have completed the game 12 times across all the difficulties and I am going to start again soon to make it 13. I have clocked up around 250 hours playing the game on single player and then my brother and I went through on the Co-Operative play mode on Normal, Heroic and Legendary. Master Chief is a really... erm... cool character (excuse the America teenage cross reference) and it is one of very few games where I have felt in touch with with how the character feels (sounds strange but believe me on this one). I could go on and on talking about the weapons, vehicles, The Flood and other twists in the story line but the best way to understand what I am talking about is to play through the game. This was my favourite game of 2002 (closely followed by Dead or Alive 3) and if you miss out on this you are wasting the truly great games of the modern age.

A friend of mine who got an Xbox a few weeks a go wasn't impressed by the game when he played the first level at my house. However after long deliberation he wanted a new game so he decided to pick up Halo and see what I was telling him about. He wishes he had listenened to me from the start and he now understands what he has been missing out on. For me Halo epitomises the year 2002 and modern gaming on the whole. You would be stupid to miss out and you will regret never playing through the game at least once.

you have got to PICK UP this game (I did that for Mav's benefit to pay him back for saying the game is good but not great).
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:44
Regular
Christ some of the is balls.

The only character you've felt in touch with? He doesn't even have a damn character. And i'm sure of course, you've been in the position of last hope for humanity, aka generic storyline 7.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:51
Regular
It is my opinion Whitestripes so stop being a moron and stop expecting everyone to think like you! Its ignorant to expect others to think exactly like you and although you would like it you need to come to terms with the realisation that the world isn't full of Whitestripes' (thank the lord).

Master Chief was killed in a battle on earth and then frozen (cryo-genically) in order to take part in the next war. In Halo 2 Bungie are going to explain more of the background through the story as Master Chief visits the places on earth that he rememebers. You haven't played the game through so how would you know whether or not he is a character? Its like me saying that Skies of Arcadia is just an excuse to bore people with Turn Based fights every 3 seconds! I for one know that it isn't the case and I haven't played the game through so commenting on it would be both unfair and stupid.
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:37
Regular
I suppose the difference here would be me having owned Halo and you never having played Skies of Arcadia.

Well done.
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:45
Regular
May not own Skies of Arcadia but I have the Dreamcast Demo here (Dexlab gave it) and that is enough to understand what the game is about. Not only that but I have read many reviews and talked to people about the game only to hear the same comments about too many battles.

The only difference will be that I will own Skies of Arcadia and Halo by this time next month :)

Well Done!
Thu 20/02/03 at 16:03
Regular
Check this out, its the official Halo 2 FAQ:

http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl? (SPACE!!) file=/site/0/databases/view_database.html&dbid=16
Thu 20/02/03 at 16:19
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

>
> The only difference will be that I will own Skies of Arcadia and Halo
> by this time next month :)
>

Already have both of them.

Though I got rid of one, can you guess which?

And no, the demo is nothing compared to the rest of the game.

Skies of Arcadia is 20x the game Halo will ever be

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.