GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Command and Conquer thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer: Generals'.
Thu 20/02/03 at 20:37
Regular
This is a thead entirely about C and C. Post stuff like cheats for C and C. To get it started i'd like to know how much MB Ram C and C Generals needs
Thu 20/02/03 at 20:37
Regular
This is a thead entirely about C and C. Post stuff like cheats for C and C. To get it started i'd like to know how much MB Ram C and C Generals needs
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't know, but PCGamer suggest it's a real power hungry game.
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:11
"Darkness, always"
Typical really. I'm fairly certain that game developers are being paid subsidies from PC component manufacturers to ensure that they help drive the increasing need to constantly upgrade home PCs.
Fri 21/02/03 at 21:16
Regular
Does anybody actually know
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:00
"High polygon count"
Jack Josy wrote:
> Does anybody actually know

Yes! I bought C&C Generals, and it does need a hell of a lot of power. 800MHz P3 minimum, but P4 1.8GHz recommended.

I have a P4 1.7GHz with a GeForce 3 64Mb card, and if I turn the detail up full, my machine barely copes with it, and there is some slowdown when things get hectic. This is the first game I've bought that really pushes my machine, and I really didn't expect it to happen with the C&C series - FPS games, maybe... but it still copes admirably with all of those.

On the plus side, at least the C&C games have finally gone full 3D.
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:03
"High polygon count"
Full Generals spec:

800MHz P3/AMD Athlon
128Mb RAM
1.8Gb HD space
8x CD-ROM
32Mb graphics card
3D accelerator with Direct3D support
2-4 players online on 56k modem, or 5-8 on broadband
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:04
"High polygon count"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Full Generals spec:
>
> 800MHz P3/AMD Athlon

But remember - 1.8GHz recommended! Personally, I certainly wouldn't bother playing it on anything under 1.7GHz.
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Is the game any good Wookie?
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:19
"High polygon count"
Yup, it's excellent!

I like the transition to full 3D, and if you put the detail right up, it looks amazing. But to be honest, I don't really think that the game itself gains anything from going 3D.

You can spin the map around, but it's easy to get disoriented; though I suspect that's because I'm used to playing the 2D isometric versions, and it just takes some time to adjust - but I don't really make much use of the 3D aspect - it just looks nicer! :-)

I recommend it, but it's only worthwhile if you have the power to make it run smoothly.
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Will it run ok with an Athlon XP 2600+, 512 mb DDR ram and a Geforce 4 Ti 4600?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.