GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beaty of the FA Cup"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 18:30
Regular
Who said the Fa cup was a worthless trophy?

Anyone catch the Cardiff-Leeds game? what an ending...great atmosphere an all.

Also wicked to see the chariman with the players in the changing room after wards. Proper funny :) Sam Haman is a proper geezer.

Whats that? 3 premiership sides knocked out allready? And it wasnt as if they fielded weakened sides either...

Great to see Dirty Dirty Leeds knocked out anyway....
Mon 07/01/02 at 20:19
Regular
Smith is a dirty player anyway.

Just wonder why Le saux has got away with it twice this season...First time that horror tackle agasint Leeds, and then he went straight through Vieria.
Mon 07/01/02 at 19:44
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
BLUUUUUUUUEBIRDS BLUEBIRDS BLUEBIRDS

2-1 wot a game.

Kavanagh is outstanding and as for Scott Young, been wiv the club for 15 years - the man is an unsung legend.

we have done this before tho, i remeber when we beat Man City 1 -0 at Ninian Park, Nathan Blake scored a 20 yard curling shot, thats was a quality goal.

but i think the press have spoiled the glory of cardiffs result, yes violence occured but only cause of the police.
the cardiff fans went over to the leeds fans to take the p!$$ out of them, well of course they did, its a once in a lifetime result. its only cause of the riot police the trouble kicked off.

as for the bottles and coins, that goes on at every other game in the land and needs to be stopped!!

i have also just heard that the FA r investigating ninian parks safty procedures and might fine the club if they r not up to standards. the fa told cardiff they couldnt play a the Millenium stadium cause ninian park was safe enpugh !! grrr that makes me mad.

Alan smith sending off, harsh maybe but why was his arm up that high (cause andy legg pulled his shirt) RUBBISH - alan smith started pulling at andys shirt first and if u look at the replays he nearly takes his whole shirt off. arnt they suppose to wait till the end for that??? anywho David batty shoulda been sent off for his elbow he put in the back of gavin gordans neck.... dion dublins neck was broken cause of that.

bascilly Cardiff beat a better team by outplaying them and the fans went crazy cause of the magical way that it happend. so Daivd O'Leary shut up and go hand out the dummies to rest of the lilly whites!
Mon 07/01/02 at 09:20
Regular
"not dead"
I saw the first half on TV, and it was an excellent match. First ten minutes were a little uneventful, I thought, but once Leeds went ahead it really kicked off. Credit to Cardiff for sticking at it, they came back into the game well, and I wasn't surprised to see they had gotten the victory when I got home (I don't have Sky at home, so didn't see the second half).

Not sure Smith's push in the face was a sending off offence though!
Mon 07/01/02 at 08:54
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I was at the Cardiff game yesterday and I have to say it was the most electric atmosphere I've ever witnessed at a match!

Its safe to say that Cardiff had the upper hand for most of the match and Leeds were happy to try and keep it at a draw. To see a 2nd division team literally wipe the floor with top of the premiership goes down as one of Cardiff's greatest moments. I recall Leeds having only 3 opportunities at a goal and that Scott Young clearance at the end was awesome.

In typical tabloid style the papers and TV are going for the violence angle in their reporting of the match which I find unfair. The problem was the policing. Throughout the game there was 7 policemen separating the Cardiff and Leeds fans and this didn't increase until the fans started pouring onto the pitch, by which time it was too late. So the police panic and bring out the riot guys with dogs and truncheons. Nice one. Created hysteria and a few people got caught up in it.

Lets not blow this out of proportion. Yes there were missiles thrown (3 cans and one coin on my count), yes Lee Bowyer got a ribbing, and yes there was a streaker. It was not organised in any way and could have been avoided by South Wales Police for which I hold responsible.

Oh yeah and David O'Leary you can stop bloody whinging you bad loser! :)
Sun 06/01/02 at 22:49
What a game!!! Man United are showing what they are really capable of at the moment. Van Nistelrooy is out of this world. An amazing player and one who will score many more goals for United. Tottenham allthe way this year. Liverpool will lose to Arsenal in the next round, while Tottenham dispose of Coventry and then either Bolton or Stockport. Either way, I see a 7-1 win.
Sun 06/01/02 at 22:48
"High polygon count"
slave2games wrote:
> Liverpool will easily get past the Gooners, especially with Owen and Anelka
> shaping up to be a great partnership.

I dunno... they've already lost to ten men.

Wonder if they'll let us start with ten men in the FA Cup match? :-)
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:23
Regular
"not dead"
With Leeds already out, and either Liverpool or Aresenal going out in the next round we've already lost some big teams.

Tonights match was outstanding.

3 in 5 minutes, that's class.

Conceding 2 in 2 minutes, that's not.
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:21
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Liverpool will easily get past the Gooners, especially with Owen and Anelka shaping up to be a great partnership.
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:19
Regular
Heh

Just when you thought it coundnt get any better....

What a game at villa park...remember the last time we were there for a cup tie...:) we didnt need ol giggsy boy today :) van man is out of this world.

As for Liverpool...gonna get past Arsenal?
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:21
Regular
"es argh"
The Cardiff game was great, especially when they got champagne in the chairman's eye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.