GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/07 at 00:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
Tue 17/07/07 at 12:31
Regular
Heh, very good :)

EDIT - To FM's rap, obv.
Tue 17/07/07 at 12:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Timmargh wrote:
> No chance of anyone looking up to me then, unless I'm in my hoist
> ...

I've seen a photo of your toe, I think anyone else who has and realises why that's important has respect for you. Maybe respect and looking up to people aren't the right words/phrases to use. I feel 'comfortable' with most people on here because they're easy to get along with, think along the same wavelengths, enjoy the same topics, and when we disagree we can agree to disagree rather than run to 30 pages of smacktalk.

It's just we've all had so many conversations with each other over the years that we'd probably start to miss each other if one or the other stopped posting. Bit like having your favourite cat go out one night and not return. (No, wait, that would save on the catfood bills).
Tue 17/07/07 at 12:27
"slightlyshortertagl"
Tue 17/07/07 at 12:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Your Honour wrote:
> For example, how many others would have had the courage to post
> poetry on here, had Grix not done it previously?

Which came first, poetry or rap?
Tue 17/07/07 at 12:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
No chance of anyone looking up to me then, unless I'm in my hoist ...
Tue 17/07/07 at 11:46
Regular
Agreed, I only want to be like me also :-)

But with such a wide range of ages on here previously, and with some very strong characters, it's clear that some posters had become role models almost, for some of the other posters.

Is this a good thing? Well, perhaps, I guess. It depends on which aspects of the model, the modee (I think I've invented a new word) takes on, or wishes to take on.

For example, how many others would have had the courage to post poetry on here, had Grix not done it previously?
Tue 17/07/07 at 11:37
"possibly impossible"
Your Honour wrote:
> pb wrote:
>
> I don't think I really looked up to anyone on the forums,
> though
> I certainly respected talent like yours Grix and FM, Meka et al.
>
>
> Is there much of a difference between respecting someone and
> looking up to them? What would those differences be?
>
> If you look up to someone would you want to be like them,
> whereas by respecting someone you acknowledge their strengths
> without wanting to be like them?

Yes, that's just it, respect for their abilities, but I'm a very individual person, I guess, and I mainly just want to be like me!
Tue 17/07/07 at 11:35
"possibly impossible"
pb wrote:
> Interesting really how much people read in to a personality on a
> forum without even knowing the person.
>
> I don't think I really looked up to anyone on the forums,

...read it back, sounds a bit harsh, but I didn't mean it like that. I just found it difficult looking up to anyone I didn't actually know per se. I still admired their talent, is what I'm trying to say.
Tue 17/07/07 at 11:18
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Even though I feel that (on chat forums) I am somewhat of a persona (I can't help it), I do admire people on here, past and present, for what they've written, for who they appear to be, etc. It's still a good place, and I want to post more but ... well I'm trying.
Tue 17/07/07 at 11:18
Regular
pb wrote:

> I don't think I really looked up to anyone on the forums, though
> I certainly respected talent like your Grix and FM, Meka et al.

Is there much of a difference between respecting someone and looking up to them? What would those differences be?

If you look up to someone would you want to be like them, whereas by respecting someone you acknowledge their strengths without wanting to be like them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.