GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are add ons worth it"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/02/03 at 21:36
Regular
I don't think that add ons are worth buying. Because when you buy a game you want to play it and have fun then you may go on it once or twice more but generaly you will want to get a new type of game, so you can enjoy that type. I would prefer to spend my money on a totally new game that is just as long as the last one as I had, not some tiny little extra. the only exception I can think of is Medal of honour because nobody can be bored of that as it is amazing.
Fri 28/02/03 at 13:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I want to get the Spearhead add-on, but I'm not paying £20 or even £15 for a game which lasts only a couple of hours.
Fri 28/02/03 at 07:56
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> UrkiE-UK wrote:
> spearhead is a reasonable add-on. new SP game, new weps, etc. cool.
>
> Spearhead is excellent! I just wish it was longer. :-( I know it's
> only an add-on, and it's only £20, but it was over all too
> quickly.

Much like something else, eh? That made me laugh Wooks, thanks :D
Fri 28/02/03 at 07:55
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
You've gotta laugh at the poor git really. Spearhead is very easy, as is Allied Assault. If I recall, Allied Assault only took me 4-5 hours to complete as the game is so damn short. Spearhead took me about 2 or 3.

Although nothing pleases me more than completing Red Faction in 2 hours and 23 minutes :D
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Your friend must be crap at playing games then, because I hear that Spearhead only takes 2 and a half hours to complete!
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:30
Regular
My freind completed spearhead in 4 DAYS
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:24
Regular
errr yeah, the sims

they have nearly 10 add-on packs. and i cant figure out why. they probably had it all planned out at the start but they decided to put it back just so they could make more £££ like they have done with sim city. it sickens me
Mon 24/02/03 at 20:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Very much like the add on for Return to Castle Wolfenstein which is being made available for free download, at the cost of the single player section of the expansion, which suposedly wasn't up to it.
Mon 24/02/03 at 00:16
"High polygon count"
Thing is, if people like a game, they will buy the add-ons. You can't really blame EA - or anyone else - for that.

Still, to be fair, Spearhead is less than half the original game, for more than half of the price. I think a lot of these things could be made available for a free download from the website.
Sun 23/02/03 at 23:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Trouble is, people buy it. Like my brother.

Lovely PC games go to waste (and some GC games too) because hes worrying about the lack of cash to buy Unleashed. He always says 'I won't get the next one - its just some pets'.

Then he does.

Little sod.

:D
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
That's EA for you though, they seem to like to string fans of their games along, just look at the sims.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.