GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 13:18
Regular
I find it funny when after Jill has got the rocket launcher and the zombie barges into the dining room. Barry says 'I'll take care of this.' And takes it out with a handgun (powerful mind you) while Jill is standing there equiped with a rocket launcher. Crazy!
Fri 11/01/02 at 21:57
Regular
"Back For Good"
144 wrote:
> But how come he ported Resident evil 2 and nemesis as well?

Probably to give sega the full package
--

Hey Resifan have
> you played the special edition version of resi 2 for dreamcast its actually the
> japanese version but it seem to have extras that werent in the PS one version?

The extreme battle mode? Yes, It's on our dreamcast version, PC version and every other PS1 version except for Pal, d'oh :-(

Isn't terribly exciting ;-)
Fri 11/01/02 at 21:22
Regular
But how come he ported Resident evil 2 and nemesis as well?
Hey Resifan have you played the special edition version of resi 2 for dreamcast its actually the japanese version but it seem to have extras that werent in the PS one version?
Fri 11/01/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Back For Good"
Actually he intended to port resident evil 2 to the sega saturn but in the end decided to wait for the dreamcast's arrival. When it finally instead of porting the old PS1 game he decided to make a new part of the series that uses the hardware, yet later ported resident evil 2 ;-)

--
Code Veronica is more of a sequel to resident evil 2 than 3 because it follows on from 2. Nemesis is basically a sequel to the original but both happen more or less at the same time :-)
Fri 11/01/02 at 21:00
Regular
Blank wrote:
> They're also remaking Res Evil 1 for Game Cube and porting all the others to GC
> as well, which takes up time. And just because it takes time doesn't mean it'll
> be the best yet. It might have brilliant graphics and an awful storyline. Take
> Code Veronica, it hsa brilliant graphics but the storyline really didn't move
> on. If that game was removed from the series it wouldn't make much of a
> difference.

Thats why code veronica wasnt given a number as it wasnt a sequel to Resident evil 3, infact it was suppose a game exclusive for dreamcast as Mikami wasnt able to port resident evil 2 to the sega saturn so it was like resident evil 2 but for the dreamcast maybe its the reason why claire is in it. You right resident evil 4 will have better graphics but nothing will change to gameplay even mikami-san said so but as for the story it might be a good one as it is now on the point of view of a charachter who is part of the umbrella corp.

Ok so they (resident evil development team) are putting much time on the ports but still I'm sure they will do a good job with Resident Evil 4.
Fri 11/01/02 at 18:13
I received all 6 novels of Resident Evil yesterday. Going to take me a while to read through them.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I downloaded some videos of Resident Evil 1 on GC, it looks amazing. It has the best graphics i've seen on any of the 3 next gen consoles. Got to the FOG prime and have alook in the biohazard thread.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They're also remaking Res Evil 1 for Game Cube and porting all the others to GC as well, which takes up time. And just because it takes time doesn't mean it'll be the best yet. It might have brilliant graphics and an awful storyline. Take Code Veronica, it hsa brilliant graphics but the storyline really didn't move on. If that game was removed from the series it wouldn't make much of a difference.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:20
Regular
Is hunk going to be in resi 4? I think so as it is more to do with umbrella corp. I also see it being the best resident evil game yet, I mean just look how much time they are spending on it.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I doubt Tofu would come back, what would be the point? He was just a jokey hidden character, and the ultimate challenge. As Hunk has been it I don't think they had any need for Tofu.
Thu 10/01/02 at 23:06
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Crazy indeed, but it's nonetheless a superbly enjoyable game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.