GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enemies Intelligence in games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 12:48
Regular
Many games now have stunning graphics, which require more sophisticated systems for them to run smoothly and with out any trouble. But the thing that annoys me most about games in the intelligence of the enemies you face during the game. A lot of games have superb graphics, but they lack the quality of game play. The computer-controlled opponents can be quite boring after a while, and seem very repetitive.
The standard of the computers AI is now improving, but there is still a lot more that could be done. Although I do think a successful game needs good graphics to make it more appealing to the public buying the game, I enjoy a game with more of a challenge, and which are more realistic. The majority of games now have difficulty levels for you to decide how hard you want the opponents to be, but in most cases this doesn’t increase the capabilities or intelligence of the enemies, just make them a bit harder to kill. E.g. taking 5 bullets to die instead of 4 on an easier level.
I think that the graphics are at a very good standard at the moment, and more time should be used to develop the way the opponents attack you, and the different tactics they use. Once the AI levels are increased in a game, it would make it more enjoyable, because it’s more of a surprise, and their actions will not be so predictable.
The single played games are what I enjoy most, because they provide a good story line, and lots of action. These could be made more exciting and more challenging for the gamer if the enemies were more advanced, and there movements more complex. That’s where multiplayer games can be more popular, especially games such as Quake, Counter- Strike, and Team Fortress. These provide more excitement, you have to think more, and try a harder if your going to succeed. As you play against other people around the world, they all have different ability levels, and there reactions are more like a human, as there is a human controlling them. Variations of tactics are used to try and win, this makes it more competitive and challenging for the gamer.

What do you think is the most important aspect of a good game?

Dave :D
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 07/01/02 at 11:08
Regular
"Back For Good"
Enemy intelligence in games = dumbell with pinpoint coordination :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.