GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OPS2M - March 2003 Edition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/02/03 at 10:38
Regular
Just got the latest edition of OPS2M by Subscription.

Playable Demos

Splinter Cell
The Mark of Kri
Rayman 3 : Hoodlum Havoc
War of the Monsters
Dr Muto
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Grand Prix Challenge
Zapper
Timesplitters 2

Game Footage

Shinobi
Pride FC
Rolling
Vexx
The Making of Tomb Raider : AOD
Primal : Behind the Scenes

Previews

Resident evil online
Enter the Matrix

Reviews

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven 8/10
The Mark of Kri 7/10
Silent Hill 2: The Directors Cut 8/10
Dr Muto 6/10
Evolution Skateboarding 4/10
Disney Golf 6/10
Rocket Power : Beach Bandits 3/10
Pac-Man World 2 5/10
Shrek Super Party 4/10
Speed Challenge: Jacques Villenueve 2/10
Air Ranger Rescue Helicopter 4/10
Evolution Snowboarding 2/10
Monopoly Party 2/10
Lego Island Extreme Stunts 5/10
Fri 28/02/03 at 20:14
Regular
"  "
It isn't out til today, a week later. 'scribers got it last week and that meant I could get it from GAME as they have it when 'scribers do.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:02
Last week today. All I see is the Crime special and the beginner's special that they released a few weeks ago.
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
I cant find it anywhere either! When was it suppose to come out??
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:54
Yikes, I can't find the mag in the shops. Not even in WHSmith.
Thu 27/02/03 at 18:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The aiming mode is virtually first person. You can still move around.
Wed 26/02/03 at 21:07
Regular
"  "
Ah, saw that. I like the black and white goggles, they rule. The camera is annoying me, and the animations are crap. Also there is no First Person? :S
Wed 26/02/03 at 20:42
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Nath - see my earlier post. Pretty rantish, but I expressed similar disappointed views. It is growing on me though, and I've decided not to cancel my pre-order.

If you're having trouble with the controls try changing it to invert at the start.

And the thermal goggles are SOO crap.
Wed 26/02/03 at 16:30
Played the splinter cell demo and I agree with natbu. Its OK but definitely not a MGS2 beater.

As Splinter Cell comes out the same day as MGS2 Substance. Allegedly (At time of typing) 28th March. I will be purchasing MGS2 substance over Splinter Cell.
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:40
Regular
"  "
Oh, that's ok then. But the reason I noted about the fanboy thingy was because I was thinking they would be similar, and people would say the only reason I don't like it is to get at the XBox. But I don't like it. :)
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:35
"High polygon count"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> What went wrong...
>
> Splinter Cell. Bloody hell...

Not a lot - pretty darn close to the Xbox version.

> graphics nothing special.

I thought they were great. Looks almost identical to the Xbox version, but lower resolution. All the lighting effects are still there, too.

> Also what's with the enemies, they're dumb as anything. One guy just
> stood still and let me shoot him, while the other just ran past me
> saying 'I saw something!'.

That also happens in the Xbox version! I shot a guard dog in the Xbox version, and the guy walking next to it didn't bat an eyelid!

In terms of gameplay, the PS2 version has lost nothing from the Xbox version. So if you don't like it as it is, chances are you wouldn't have liked it anyway!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.