GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unban Monkey Man Petition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 11:19
Regular
The official petition site is down, so this post will act as a petition.

Addressed to Staff of Special Reserve:

"www.gameaday.co.uk is a site intended for you to win games/dvd's for your contributions to the forums/site in general in the form of review/topical submission. Yesterday, a user named Monkey_Man posted a topic which included HTML on the forums, and over 5 offenders proceeded to post pages of spam HTML topics. Monkey_Man was banned, and many feel this was unjustly, as he simply proved that HTML was usable, he didn't spam up the forums. If you feel that he was unjustly banned, please leave a signature and comment below."

Thank you.
The Undersigned.

Please sign below if you think that Monkey Man should be un-banned.
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:08
Regular
CDouch wrote:
> He was also the first to find out how to make your tagline bigger...wasnt he?

Nope. Turbonutter did it a long, long time ago. Probably before he even joined the forums. I don't remember him being there anyway.
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I didnt really know this monkey guy, Ive seen him around but dont have an opinion of him. So I cant really say if he should be banned or not.

He is a monkey so cant be that bad, cause monkeys are the best!

Will hear what SR have to say on the subject tomorrow hopefully. Although that brad guy was here today, as he posted in my topic.
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I'm not sure exactly what M_M did, putting html in the topic titles is what I seen and he only did it a few times as far as I seen. The way I see it is that he just found a way of doing something that not many knew you could do. He may have started it but some others also did it too. I don't see anything in the rules about it so maybe there is another reason why he was banned??
Sun 06/01/02 at 19:58
Regular
Alan, why are you always so calm!? Start having an opinion. Now. Drop and give me 20...opinions.
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:05
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
he swore at me!!!!!!! but coz im such a nice person, i count as a signature
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:25
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
well monkey man will probably be back under a different name, i would but appart from the html thing he did contribute well to the forum (i persume) so i leave my signature.
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:27
"#1 Scapemonkey"
sherman wrote:
> well monkey man will probably be back under a different name

Yeah, I prob...I mean he probably would, that handsome scoundrel.
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:29
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Yeah... I put my name down for the peition, however, I don't know what he is supposed to have done, somebody tell me what he done.
Mon 07/01/02 at 10:44
Regular
"I confused?"
Call me an idiot if you want but what is HTML?
Mon 07/01/02 at 10:48
"High polygon count"
Dr Nebster crippen wrote:
> Call me an idiot if you want but what is HTML?

You're an idiot! :-)

(Well, you did say...)

HTML is the language used to create web pages.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.