GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unban Monkey Man Petition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 11:19
Regular
The official petition site is down, so this post will act as a petition.

Addressed to Staff of Special Reserve:

"www.gameaday.co.uk is a site intended for you to win games/dvd's for your contributions to the forums/site in general in the form of review/topical submission. Yesterday, a user named Monkey_Man posted a topic which included HTML on the forums, and over 5 offenders proceeded to post pages of spam HTML topics. Monkey_Man was banned, and many feel this was unjustly, as he simply proved that HTML was usable, he didn't spam up the forums. If you feel that he was unjustly banned, please leave a signature and comment below."

Thank you.
The Undersigned.

Please sign below if you think that Monkey Man should be un-banned.
Sun 06/01/02 at 11:19
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
The official petition site is down, so this post will act as a petition.

Addressed to Staff of Special Reserve:

"www.gameaday.co.uk is a site intended for you to win games/dvd's for your contributions to the forums/site in general in the form of review/topical submission. Yesterday, a user named Monkey_Man posted a topic which included HTML on the forums, and over 5 offenders proceeded to post pages of spam HTML topics. Monkey_Man was banned, and many feel this was unjustly, as he simply proved that HTML was usable, he didn't spam up the forums. If you feel that he was unjustly banned, please leave a signature and comment below."

Thank you.
The Undersigned.

Please sign below if you think that Monkey Man should be un-banned.
Sun 06/01/02 at 11:28
Regular
Goos, at least some-one was banned. Glad it wasn't Turbonutter or Whooo, on second thoughts.
Sun 06/01/02 at 11:50
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Stryke wrote:
> Goos, at least some-one was banned. Glad it wasn't Turbonutter or Whooo, on
> second thoughts.

I though he only did one "offending" post, but I found a few more, so I can understand the banning now. I agree that he should be banned, but this petition still stands for anyone to sign who thinks he was banned unjustly.
Sun 06/01/02 at 11:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
What happened yesturday?

I come on and every thing has gone crazy. What did monkey do?

tell me thw hole story someone..please
Sun 06/01/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ban them all or none.

:)
Sun 06/01/02 at 12:01
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
CDouch wrote:
> What happened yesturday?

I come on and every thing has gone crazy. What did
> monkey do?

tell me thw hole story someone..please

It all started when Monkey Man posted a topic, which had a picture in the title, showing that you can use HTML on these forums in a topic heading. Then, loads of people such as Turbonutter, Ortega, Whooo Style and MJSwerve followed suit but posted pure HTML spam topics. Myself, RBS, Stryke and Grix had to spam the topics out of the forum. Until today, I didn't realise that Monkey Man also spammed - so he has been banned for starting the riot, but I think others should be punished. In the words of RBS "If anyone pops them back, we will get you..."

It was quite annoying as all of the decent topics got destroyed.

God bless the POP though - my topic is still in tact.
Sun 06/01/02 at 12:21
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Ban them all or none.

I could not agree more, if what Monkey Man did was wrong then all that followed should be banned as well, it is unfair to only ban one and let the others off scot free.
Sun 06/01/02 at 12:38
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Meh @ Monkey Man!
Sun 06/01/02 at 13:47
Regular
well this is going well
Sun 06/01/02 at 13:53
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Ban them all or none.

:)

that is the only fair way

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.