GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THPS3 - A fresh perspective."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 00:41
Regular
First of all, thanks to Tarrant for the idea for this topic. As he was new to the Gran Turismo scene, he wrote a topic discussing his views about GT3 from the perspective of somebody new to the scene. As a result, I`m just doing a quick version of it for THPS3, as this is my first time using a THPS game.

So... first off, it seems to be in three main stages:

1) Learn how to make jumps, grabs and rails etc... giving yourself small combos of around 10k or so.

2) Discover reverts and manuals allowing you to link longer combos together, taking your scores through the roof, and past 200k.

3) I haven`t got this far yet, but from what Tarrant seems to be able to do, there is a mystery third step where you know exactly how to mix in all the specials, the variety, the grabs, combos, rails, manuals, reverts, etc... all together in one mammoth million point combo.

Having only just completed the game with one character (a custom built erm... skater) I now have access to Darth Maul. I find it quite exciting that Lucasfilm have allowed so much detail to be used for Maul. Not only is he just like the real thing, but all his moves, and goals are force related. Nice touch!

Anyway, the main point I`ve noticed about the game is its gradually growing addictiveness. Initially I would play for only 20 minutes to an hour, in the hope of perhaps getting another couple of goals. However, as the game opens up to you, it becomes gradually more and more addictive. Given the life altering addiction to THPS3 I have at my level, imagine what it must be like for Tarrant! How does he manage to stay alive without eating and stuff?

So there you have it, a bried description with very little detail telling you exactly what you already knew. THPS3 is a great game that becomes scarily addictive. Its a close call as to which is better out of Tricky and this, and coming from somebody as biased towards SSX as me, things look good for old Tonty.
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:21
Regular
No probs Tarrant, after all, as I said, it was your idea.

Anyway, onto that Mullered guy. I completed it with Tonty herself today, and began on Muller Light this afternoon. Should have time to finish him tomorrow. Looking forward to a decent vid!
Tue 08/01/02 at 16:18
Regular
Pah. Racing around on planks of wood. What is the world coming to?
Tue 08/01/02 at 16:16
"You love us!"
Hey Tarrant, whats your best combo score so far.
The best i can get is 721,812 point combo on Canada - just can't seem to break the million point combo tho!

Have you had a 1,000,000 combo? If so, got any tips?

Thanks
Tue 08/01/02 at 09:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think i'll complete it with Rodney Mullen next then. I was going to complete Wolverine next and then maybe my own created skater.
Tue 08/01/02 at 00:13
Yup, Wolverine is the next character you unlock. Also for those of you who like to be severly impressed, I'd advise finishing the game with Rodney Mullen as soon as possible. I'd heard his video was impressive (from some cheating swine :-) ) but I hda no idea it would be this good! I cleared it with Rodney last night. Then spent the next hour or so watching and re-watching his video.

Its amazing. Its unreal. It puts the, once ridiculous, moves in the game to shame.

Its worth seeing as soon as possible, but come now folks try not to cheat to get it. 3 golds ain't that hard to get.

Also, thanks to ssxpro for mentioning me so much in this topic! It's nice to know that, though I am largely out of site (yes, pun intended - sorry), I'm not out of mind.

:-D
Mon 07/01/02 at 22:12
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
ssxpro wrote:
> Got Wolverine today, but not sure which character to complete it with next.
> Darth Maul will certainly be my all time favourite character, so it`ll be hard
> to take his place.

I got him today aswell.
Mon 07/01/02 at 21:24
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah thps3 is really addictive when you get started....
also a big source of frustration when you got a 200,000 combo going...and then you fall over!!
Mon 07/01/02 at 20:46
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Sorry, nothing about the game. Just wondering if ssxpro got a new Garibaldi score with my tips?
Mon 07/01/02 at 20:41
Regular
Got Wolverine today, but not sure which character to complete it with next. Darth Maul will certainly be my all time favourite character, so it`ll be hard to take his place.
Sun 06/01/02 at 12:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Wolverine is the next character after Darth maul. WIth Darth Maul I have done all the levels up to the Airport perfectly.

Havent heard about the gaps, may have to look into it and see if its true. It would take awhile to try and find all the gaps.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.