GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Day 7 Animal Crossing : Boredom sets in"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Sat 22/02/03 at 23:34
Regular
*yawns*

This game doesn't half get old quick, I can't even be bothered to play it to be honest.

I've played it solidly since the day I got it up until yesterday when I couldn't be bothered with it, turned it on again today and yet again I couldn't be ar-sed.

I've already ignored the fact that I was suppoed to turn the lighthouse on tonight and I'm gonna miss the singing dog but to be honest I couldn't care less.

Brilliant game at first, no doubt about that but after a while the fun turns to abject tedium.
Sun 23/02/03 at 18:03
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
im not bored of it yet.

COS THOSE GITS AT GOBLIN STILL HAVENT SENT IT!!!
Sun 23/02/03 at 18:01
Regular
"the burning sky"
I read on one site, it says that rather than playing really hard to complete a game in a cuple of days by playing like 7hours non stop, AC is designed to make you play like 15mins a day, then the next and the next.
Sun 23/02/03 at 16:51
Regular
On the contrary, I think its the sort of game designed so that you have to play solidly, in terms of missing certain events or people leaving your town through ignorance. Personally I'm enjoying, and it should more than tide me over till Metroid Prime.
Sun 23/02/03 at 15:56
Regular
I'm not too surprised.

I don't think it's meant to be the sort of game you play solidly.

I reckon you'll leave it a week, and then start playing it casually, only playing when you want to, or something along those lines...
I'm sure you'll still be playing it here and there in six months time, atleast I think.

I'll have it in a few days.

In 2 weeks, I'll probably be saying how boring it's become with you telling me that it gets good again! :-)
Sun 23/02/03 at 15:35
Regular
I haven't played it but I'm guessing that it would be more interesting if it was released in the UK as loads more people would have the game so you would be able to trade etc. with your mates.
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:52
"For the horde!!!!"
it sounds like one of them rent only type games.
Sun 23/02/03 at 11:27
Regular
"aliens exist"
scruffythejanitor wrote:
> i still dont have my animal crossing. i ordered it 3 weeks ago from
> goblin direct and i dont have it yet. im never ordering anything from
> them ever again.

cancel it and get it from dvd box office, it only costs about £33, free delivery, and mine has just been shipped inside a week and thats all the way from Canada,
Sun 23/02/03 at 08:45
Regular
Try and get one of your mates to play the game - then you can have real trades instead of just swapping passwords - believe me, if you actually have another town to mess up, residents to turn against, and destruction to cause to another person#s town this game is neverending.
Sun 23/02/03 at 08:24
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
i still dont have my animal crossing. i ordered it 3 weeks ago from goblin direct and i dont have it yet. im never ordering anything from them ever again.
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Heh heh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.