GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Channel 4 are still screening WWF!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 21:15
Regular
I found out that C4 is still going to be screening Heat. Heat will be on tomorrow at 1.10am. Not bad for people that like Heat, eg Ant. Whether they will take on the Royal Rumble is still to be seen. We still may need to hope.....
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:45
Regular
"WWJD"
i don't really care what it's on
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Well I would prefer it to be on C4 or C5 because I can't tape Sky channels and I
> don't want to stay up and watch it.

Why can't you tape the Sky channels??
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:31
Regular
I'd like it to be on Sky Sports as Ch4 always put adverts in aand I don't know if Ch5 will or not so Sky Sports is the best bet.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well I would prefer it to be on C4 or C5 because I can't tape Sky channels and I don't want to stay up and watch it.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:23
Regular
"I like cheese"
I believe this is the last Heat to be shown on C4, as it ends a week that started in 2001. Good for me though, Scotty and Albert!

Update on the Royal Rumble situation:

In the UK, with television giant Channel 4 pulling out of their contract to show four of the yearly WWF pay-per-views and UK versions of the Heat tapings, these shows are yet to have a home. This has a bigger significance to the UK fans because the first and one of the biggest shows of the year, the Royal Rumble is included in the deal and as of yet, no broadcaster has grabbed the rights – meaning, no Royal Rumble. However, because of the shear mass of response that flagging TV broadcaster Channel 5 have had on the matter, they have confirmed that they are in talks but as with nothing being confirmed and on top of that, Sunday night at the time of the pay-per-views, Channel 5 usually shows a live broadcast of the NFL, a weekly broadcast which they paid a fairly large fee for considering the time that its shown. “As of yet, no deal has been made” - Channel 5. This is probably due to the fact that the contract Channel 4 had was a pricey one, much more than Sky would be paying for the equivalent on their deal which is probably the main reason Sky haven't yet made a move for the rights and why the other cable/satellite companies are trying to get a deal for less. Bottom line, its more than likely that there will be no Rumble in the UK for 2002.

Gawd...Channel 5 better not get it, I can't get that channel in my room. In fact, I can only get it on Sky really, the reception's crap on all of the TVs in our house on C5.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well maybe yeah, but hopefully they can continue showing Heat and main events. That would rule!
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:21
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
It's probably one of the last Heats we will see on Channel 4 then, they probably have the contract to show a few more episodes before loosing their WWF rights.

I doubt the Royal Rumble will be on channel 4 very highly, a safe bet is sky or channel 5 picking up the rights.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I found out that C4 is still going to be screening Heat. Heat will be on tomorrow at 1.10am. Not bad for people that like Heat, eg Ant. Whether they will take on the Royal Rumble is still to be seen. We still may need to hope.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.