GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 = Shoddy manufacturing..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/02/03 at 12:20
Regular
Not long ago my PS2 began to not read certain discs which required me to clean the lens - its not even two years old yet.
My cousins PS2 which is 6 months younger than mine stopped reading all but psone disks and he has had to buy a £50 replacement lens.
Bah, for him.
Mon 24/02/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Not long ago my PS2 began to not read certain discs which required me to clean the lens - its not even two years old yet.
My cousins PS2 which is 6 months younger than mine stopped reading all but psone disks and he has had to buy a £50 replacement lens.
Bah, for him.
Mon 24/02/03 at 12:24
"Darkness, always"
Well, given that the makers (Sony) put the console on the shelves with the idea in mind that they would be making a loss on it for the first 2-3 years, then it's hardly surprising when the actual console fails to win awards for reliable manufacturing.
Mon 24/02/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
The controllers aint to grand either, on both of mine and on my Psone ones, the analogue swithes itself off - usually when im using it to turn a corner in WRC.
Mon 24/02/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I've had my PS2 for 2 years now and i've not had any problems with it. Perhaps you're just one of the unlucky few who happened to pick up a faulty piece of kit.
Mon 24/02/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I've had my PS2 since launch and have had no problems with it at all. I do have broken a few of my controllers, but that's mainly to do with throwing/dropping them.

I think you're probably just unlucky.
Mon 24/02/03 at 14:03
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah, I haven't had any problems with mine either luckily.
*Plugs in PS2*
*Gets electrocuted*
Mon 24/02/03 at 14:10
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
The problem with mine was that it stopped loading diskc straight away - you had to open the browser and select the disk. I solved the problem by using a dvd lens cleaner - so it was not a major problem.
But my cousins was going a similar way so I lent him the lens cleaner, the next time I spoke to him he siad he'd bought a new lens for £50 and his dad will install it.
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:13
Regular
"  "
He's lying. If his was only a year old, and his cousins 6 months younger, then they both could have took it back and got a new one under the guarantee. He's lying, lying I tell you!
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:16
Regular
"  "
It's also evident by the fact his other 240 or so posts are in the Ninty forum...
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Notable"
i have the same problem but it does'nt read anything, not even lens cleaning discs

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.