GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 = Shoddy manufacturing..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/02/03 at 12:20
Regular
Not long ago my PS2 began to not read certain discs which required me to clean the lens - its not even two years old yet.
My cousins PS2 which is 6 months younger than mine stopped reading all but psone disks and he has had to buy a £50 replacement lens.
Bah, for him.
Fri 28/02/03 at 00:35
Regular
tee hee.

I've got a launch machine, still going strong (as is the controller). But so is my original playstation (strangely, so is the controller). I reckon its like owning a car.

You could get a lemon which is chock full of 'monday morning /friday afternoon bits'*. It fails, and you take it back.

You treat it with mild contempt and it degrades rapidly with time (and dust).

You look after it, and it works for a long time.

I look after all of my kit [insert joke] and it lasts a long time

* the UK car industry in the 70's and 80's created a large number of cars which were substandard on monday mornings and friday afternoons. I can't imagine why
Wed 26/02/03 at 16:03
Regular
"  "
Fair enough. Talking about that blue disk thingy... I couldn't get my Quake III (Blue disk) working on his PS2. Granted it is covered in tomato sauce, but everything else works. Do you think he is having that problem?
Wed 26/02/03 at 15:58
LOL the morphing joke damn funny.

But seriously they just seam to stop functioning. Be it the disk draw jamming, not reading blue disks, DVSs or just not even coming on. But luckily Sony are true gents and have replaced them all, the last 4 with brand spanking new units with a full guarantee.

So the unit its self does seam some what below par in the reliability stakes. But at least Sony make up for it in great customer service.
Wed 26/02/03 at 15:32
Regular
"  "
Isn't worst a word?
Wed 26/02/03 at 15:16
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Your getting worst

Your spelling is going the same way as IB so I don't know which is worse!?
:)
Wed 26/02/03 at 15:00
Regular
"  "
Your getting worst than Flanders for understanding things...

Tsk :D
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:43
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Heh...I had to read your "dirty" post three times to get the joke.

Ho ho ho

Same applies for the morph joke....or are you saying he's made out of plastice and used to body double with Tony Hart? ;)
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:16
Regular
"  "
Jive wrote:
> How can you go through 7 or 8?
>
> What do you do to them?

It's that special wall morphing skill some freaks have...
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:15
Regular
"  "
Jive wrote:
> Nå†ßu© wrote:
> It's all dusty and has tomatoe ketchup stains on it.
>
> That one sentance just sums up why certain people shouldn't be allowed
> near electrical goods at all.
>
> Ketchup...KETCHUP, WTF has he been doing, using it as a dinner plate?

You haven't seen his PC monitor...

All of my stuff is spotless, I wouldn't even consider letting my PS2 get dirty.

*Shakes fist* You will not wear your latex suit today, tommorow, or anytime this year! And give me that wip you dirty boy/girl/thing!

See.
Wed 26/02/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
How can you go through 7 or 8?

What do you do to them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.