GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"can anyone give an unbiased opinion on X box?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/02/03 at 16:04
Regular
Is it worth getting one? I have A PS2, does anyone own both the consoles?
What good games are there? (I know about Halo, halo 2, splinter cell and that racing game- what else is there or coming soon?)
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:28
"Darkness, always"
XBOX:

POwerful machine
Good selection of games
Third party controllers are better than official ones
The Drive seems to make an inordinately large amount of noise.

All facts
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:29
Regular
michael l wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> can anyone give an unbiased opinion on X box?
>
> No - as an opinion will always contain an element of bias :D
>
> That's very unhelpful.

It's true though. Everyone here has bias 'opinions' no matter what they say. :D
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:33
Regular
well then, biased opinions are welcome, but no 'X box rulez coz....bleurgh.
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:34
Insane Bartender wrote:
> XBOX:
>
>
> The Drive seems to make an inordinately large amount of noise.

So loud it deserves a capital letter?
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:37
"Darkness, always"
DeltaJava wrote:
> So loud it deserves a capital letter?

I stunned myself by resisting the compulsion to type the entire sentence in capitals, and surround it on either side with a series of asterisks.
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:39
"©opy Right™"
Well i own a ps2 and play on my mates xbox all the time and some games are decent but others are cr*p i think it is worth getting one.
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:40
Regular
The Dreamcast and PS2 make more noise than the Xbox when reading discs.

The fan is fairly loud in the Xbox though.
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I own all three consols and they all have good and bad points. PS2 you already own so no need to talk about that, Gamecube I haven't really played on since I completed Resi evil but that will change as soon as Zelda comes out. X-box has a few good titles such as Halo and Splinter Cell, I think it is worth owning one and wouldn't sell mine but there isn't in my opinion the same number of games worth buying for the box that there is for the PS2. There are a few titles headed to the box later in the year that I will be getting though.
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:48
Regular
Im in the same situation mate i have a ps2 and a gamecube. I know i will never part with my gamecube its the best but ps2 i am selling cos whats left for it. yeah theres devil may cry 2 coming out butthe xbox still has alot more to offer. With it going onine soon its gonna be the best consol out there. So in answer to your qustion im selling my ps2 for a xbox. Poland.
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:54
Regular
I own all the consoles and bought them all within three weeks of each other, I have more PS2 games than I do for any other, for Xbox I have about 6 games and for GC erm... 2. I cannot ffer a completly unbias opinion but if I was gonna buy one of the it would be xbox because it has the a higher frequency of great games. I love GTA:VC for PS2 but I rarely pla any other games for it, however on the Xbox I play them all for about an hour each day. The Xbox has great games for every genre except football but I reccomend using a real football and playing with 10 of your mates. The controller is slightly annoying when you start off but you quickly become used to it, the best games were designed specifically for the xbox nd so te controller is spot-on for it.
The Xbox is brilloiant for single player but it absolutley rocks for multiplayer. XbLive makes team games sheer masterpieces, the games are great in four player mode and networking is the best of both worlds- full screens (not having people spying on your area of the screen to see your whereabouts),and being able to yell at eachother seeing the look of sorrow on their faces when they have Game Over.
I would compare your favourite game to one of the following depending on genre (testing for at least 5 days) to see whether or not you like it- if you enkoy the game at all the rest of the games will hold the quality:

If you like:

1.Goldeneye, Timesplitters, etc TRY Halo (or Halo two)
2.Stealth games (I mean real stealth not MGS in which case try MGS substance) TRY Splinter Cell
3. GTA:VC, Dave Mirra etc Try out BMX XXX (Has pimps, prosies and bikes)
4. House of the dead TRY House of the dead III
5. Z.O.E. TRY Mech Assault or if possible definately Steel Battalion
6. Team based games TRY Brute Force - this game will rock
7. Mario, Sonic etc TRY Malice- this game looks like a nice piece of work but I am not much of a platformer.
8. Tekken or DOA TRY DOA3

Then there are the obvious things like if you like Jet Set Radio try Jet set radio future. The console does have some nicely original titles like DOA:XBV and the Hard drive is an addition that should be in every console on earth.

If I were to rate the consoles individually the results would be somewhere around these:
GC- 6/10 -Ok but I want more mature games
PS2- 8.5/10 - Good but I want more superb titles
Xb- 9/10 - Great console just wish the games were cheaper.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.