GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"can anyone give an unbiased opinion on X box?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/02/03 at 16:04
Regular
Is it worth getting one? I have A PS2, does anyone own both the consoles?
What good games are there? (I know about Halo, halo 2, splinter cell and that racing game- what else is there or coming soon?)
Tue 25/02/03 at 12:47
Regular
Make sure you have space.

I own all 3 consoles, but have run out of space (and scart sockets)...TV downstairs has about 5 things going in to it...

Tv in my room only has one Scart for PS2, and i aint really got space for xbox on my desk. Gonna have to set up a new TV in the spare room.
Tue 25/02/03 at 11:31
Regular
Nå†ßu© wrote:

> Splinter Cell is good, but it's on PS2 and PC aswell, GC I doubt
> looking at the current state of play...

The current state of play?

What you mean the one where GC is getting exclusive features in its version of Splinter Cell such as a GBA link up?

Oh and the XBox can't compete with PS2 in terms of quantity but when it comes to quality Microsofts box of X's wins hands down.
Tue 25/02/03 at 09:24
Regular
Oh also Morrowind but you can get that and Max Payne cheaper on PC.
Tue 25/02/03 at 09:23
Regular
Max Payne
THPS4.
Tue 25/02/03 at 09:22
Regular
There is Jet Set Radio Future.
Tue 25/02/03 at 09:17
Regular
"aliens exist"
i can, its not very good
Tue 25/02/03 at 09:08
Regular
"  "
Erm...

Halo is good co-operative...

Splinter Cell is good, but it's on PS2 and PC aswell, GC I doubt looking at the current state of play...

The new controller released by Microsoft is alot better, although I still think the old ones are with the console when you buy it...

The graphical capabilities are better than both the 'other two'...

It's kinda big, but I suppose Microsoft wanted to make an impact (In the bloody desk)...

I still think it's slightly behind the PS2 in terms of games, sure it has more backing from Sega, and due to the HD it gets greate games like Champ Manager, but the XBox is still only getting some of PS2's releases from last year...

Erm...

They are kinda my opinions, whether you wish to beleive or not.
Mon 24/02/03 at 19:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
idlewild wrote:
> And shut - up gerrid

I'm just saying you shouldn't try and argue about Xbox / GC games because you don't know anything about Xbox games, and it's pretty obvious.
Mon 24/02/03 at 19:42
Regular
My unbiased advice is I haven't got a clue.
Mon 24/02/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Festivus!"
Bckpac wrote:
> Buy the Xbox it is worth. The games are getting cheaper and they are
> superb. There is alot of packages which are great. My advice is if you
> buy the Xbox buy Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.

Out on all consoles soon.

And shut - up gerrid

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.