GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can you be so sure Wrestling is Fake?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 11:36
Regular
Can you be so sure Wrestling is Fake?

I wanna know what you think about wrestling over all

<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>#
<<<>>>>>>>

I predict 99.9% of you will say its fake.
Sun 06/01/02 at 07:32
Regular
"Guess who..."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Well I'm currently training to be a wrestler with the IWF in the North East and
> I'll tell you it can hurt a LOT. If you land wrong or funnily that's it, game
> over. Your career (and quite possibly your life as you know it) is over.

The
> moves don't hurt as much as they let on, but they DO hurt. And if you're
> wrestling with some nutball who locks all the submission in for real, it REALLY
> hurts. I nearly threw up once because my opponent was strangling me in the ring
> at training.

Sure the storylines are written by a team of scripters, the
> violence is fabricated, but the result of the violence is very real (to quote
> Beyond The Mat)

How old are you?
Sun 06/01/02 at 07:31
Regular
"Guess who..."
I totally agree with MoJoJoJo and wish him all the best in his wrestling career.

(If you really push it then you may end up as high as me, commentating with J.R and choking out whoever you want!)

Good Luck.
Sat 05/01/02 at 23:25
Regular
"That's right!"
Well I'm currently training to be a wrestler with the IWF in the North East and I'll tell you it can hurt a LOT. If you land wrong or funnily that's it, game over. Your career (and quite possibly your life as you know it) is over.

The moves don't hurt as much as they let on, but they DO hurt. And if you're wrestling with some nutball who locks all the submission in for real, it REALLY hurts. I nearly threw up once because my opponent was strangling me in the ring at training.

Sure the storylines are written by a team of scripters, the violence is fabricated, but the result of the violence is very real (to quote Beyond The Mat)
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Wrestling is fake....... they get hurt and injured and things but it is fake storylines and moves, they may go wrong but they are designed as fake.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:01
Regular
the punches do hit them but the wrestler who is punching leaves his fist open so it dont hurt
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:11
Regular
"WWJD"
The punches aren't real but some of it you can't fake i mean being thrown of a cell 20 feet or more onto the ground or a thin table i mean come on you can't fake that
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:04
Regular
"One More Chance"
Tazz wrote:
> In WCW that did happen. But in the WWF, the matches are carefully planned. Sure,
> not everything goes to plan, they usually add in loads of moves during the
> match, but alot of the match is fixed.

Actually they really just plan the ending and any major bumps the rest of it is just improvisation.
Sat 05/01/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Where's SR?"
What about Matt vs Jeff at Vengence. Wasn't Vince unhappy about the way they wrestled the match, how was that carefully planned?
Sat 05/01/02 at 19:24
Regular
The Referee usually tells them when they have to finish the match.
Sat 05/01/02 at 14:45
Regular
"Guess who..."
In WCW that did happen. But in the WWF, the matches are carefully planned. Sure, not everything goes to plan, they usually add in loads of moves during the match, but alot of the match is fixed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.