GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insomnia Anyone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 06:23
Regular
Not sure whether I am too scared to sleep (no idea why) or just can't actually sleep.

I haven't slept since New Years Eve, and that was only because I drunk myself to unconsiousness.

Thats five days with no real sleep, can anyone help? Doctor says take drugs, but sadly I can't take them because of the anti-inflamitaries I am on for my chest and other drugs which keep me here.

God this sucks, my body feels emotional drained, but physically I am completey normal. I wonder if I am still buzzing from New Years Eve.

I wouldn't pray insomnia on anyone, anyway.. I am off to lie down now, oh.. heh... Whose Line Is It Anyway was really good. heh.. thats a bonus.

Anyone?

From a really sad and er-noyed.
er-no
Mon 07/01/02 at 00:36
Regular
I got college at 9am.

My sleeping pattern in the holidays has been 5AM-2PM.

I tried bringin my body clock back to normal last night, but i just lay in bed from about 3am till about half 5. Just coudnt get back into the routine. I just lay awake, thinking about all the mistakes i have made in the last year. All the crap that just keeps going around and aroound in my head.

It only gets to me at night, i dont think about it at day. As soon as i lay down..my mind tells me i am an idiot. And i am basically. ITs all to do with College mostly. I got 5 exams in two weeks, and i got a Computing coursework (i should have started 2 months ago)to do. Oh yeh...and UCAS application...which should have been done months ago...deadline is next tuesday i think. I always leave crap till the last minute...really bad habit.

I know some people have much worse problems...but mine is this...
Mon 07/01/02 at 00:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
uk_vamp wrote:
> think the hardest time i had sleeping was when i worked nights.

i started at
> 9pm and finishe at 6am the next day. And after a while you seem to have no set
> sleeping pattern which is really hard.

i remember not finding out about sept
> 11th till 6pm cause i got home at 6am and couldn't sleep then drifted off about
> midday and woke up switched on the telly and saw new york on fire. I thought i
> had really lost it then, how would you feel having a few hours sleep seeing
> that, i couldn't believe it.

hope i do fall asleep tonight got be up and
> ready by 10am tomorrow :(

I am still up. Wide Awake and crying inside.
Sun 06/01/02 at 23:59
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
think the hardest time i had sleeping was when i worked nights.

i started at 9pm and finishe at 6am the next day. And after a while you seem to have no set sleeping pattern which is really hard.

i remember not finding out about sept 11th till 6pm cause i got home at 6am and couldn't sleep then drifted off about midday and woke up switched on the telly and saw new york on fire. I thought i had really lost it then, how would you feel having a few hours sleep seeing that, i couldn't believe it.

hope i do fall asleep tonight got be up and ready by 10am tomorrow :(
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
Goatboy wrote:
> er-no gets it.
Insomnia isn't just not sleeping,not being tired.
It's being
> bone-tired but just not being able to sleep, no matter how long you lay
> there.

I suffered for about 3 months, usually getting about 2hrs a night if
> any and it begins to hurt.
It's not insomnia if you're awake at 1am on a
> weekend.
Try sitting here at 4am on a weekday when you have to go to work for
> 9am.

You'll understand where he's coming from then.
Thank christ I just
> stopped suffering from it.

Thank you.
Somene else that I could possibly relate to... it hurts so much.
Sun 06/01/02 at 18:35
Regular
"WWJD"
Mystique wrote:
> its a song..you should know that er-no
download it...its called
> insomnia

(well duh)

What by Feeder

because that is a really good song
Sun 06/01/02 at 18:18
Regular
I usually can't sleep when i have a new clean bed, i have to do everything in my stench!

Well its not THAT bad!
Sun 06/01/02 at 18:11
Regular
"es argh"
I'm having trouble getting to sleep. I've changed my sleeping pattern from going to sleep at 11pm and waking up at 8am. Now I go to bed at 3am and wake up at 12pm (by my dad) now if I don't wake up tomorrow I'm goingto miss half of school. Now I think about it, that isn't really that bad.
Sun 06/01/02 at 02:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
er-no gets it.
Insomnia isn't just not sleeping,not being tired.
It's being bone-tired but just not being able to sleep, no matter how long you lay there.

I suffered for about 3 months, usually getting about 2hrs a night if any and it begins to hurt.
It's not insomnia if you're awake at 1am on a weekend.
Try sitting here at 4am on a weekday when you have to go to work for 9am.

You'll understand where he's coming from then.
Thank christ I just stopped suffering from it.
Sun 06/01/02 at 01:08
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
i'm not really one to ask about insomnia as you'll know if you've ever seen the times on my posts :)
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:08
Regular
download the main theme to metal gear 2... very cool

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.