GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which reviews do you trust ??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/02 at 22:27
Regular
Which mags/websites do you trust ?, they all have their good and bad days but which would you trust your last £40 with ??
I personally like gamespot.com (sorry again SR)
what about you ?
Wed 09/01/02 at 15:17
I'd take The Edge scores out of ten with a pinch of salt:

For example, MGS2 did get 8, but then THPS3 and SSX Tricky both got 7! It's not an anti PS2 bias at all, the much ogled DOA3 on the XBox gets a 7, and Rogue Squadron II on the GameCube also gets a 7. What's the point of using a scale out of 10, if you don't use the whole range?
Mon 07/01/02 at 19:50
SR without a doubt, also Dooyoo (.co.uk) and I do generally trust OPS2.
Mon 07/01/02 at 19:34
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> EDGE:
10/10 never happens (well, about once a year), because it means a
> game is pushing all the boundries!

---------

Errrrrrm, Halo! Edge is probably joint first with PSM2.

*cough*noticemynameinSSXtrickyhighscoretable*cough*
Mon 07/01/02 at 17:39
A similar thing goes for comments regarding size and difficulty. It's all a matter of opinion.
Mon 07/01/02 at 13:02
"High polygon count"
In fact, I tend to base it less on the overall score and more on what they actually say in the review itself.

If they say something like "great game which loses marks as it's let down by dodgy controls" then I tend to add some to the final score they give. Control systems are a very grey area, and what the reviewer finds awkward I may find easy.

For example one review of Dropship states that control is awkward - yet having played the demo, I find it easy to get used to - so I would usuall add a few percent.
Mon 07/01/02 at 12:57
"High polygon count"
I don't use reviews from any websites.

I generally know what sort of game I like, but I buy 3 mags every month - Official PS2, PSM2, and PSW - and tend to go by the 'average' of the reviews.

Seems to work, too - I haven't bought what I consider to be a bad PS2 game yet.
Mon 07/01/02 at 12:17
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I was flicking through some of the alternative magazines the other day in Woolworths and the first thing that struck me whilst reading was "I'm glad I read Edge".
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:56
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
EDGE:

Where 5/10 means a games is in the middle, average, and is neither good nor bad...

Where 9/10 means one sep away from perfection... a real must have

And 10/10 never happens (well, about once a year), because it means a game is pushing all the boundries!

Sonic
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:49
Regular
"accidental superher"
Darkreaper wrote:
> Personally i don't trust any reviews (well, hardly). If i really want a game i
> ty and get my hands on a demo first so i can what the game is like for myslef.
> I bought Z.O.E. based a few reviews and that was a complete waste of money!

yeah i found ZOE a real waste of money too....thank fod for 10 day refund

8 days of mgs 2 demo, 1 day of zoe
:)
Sat 05/01/02 at 19:35
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i'm not to sure about ps2 reviews although i do like ign, but for pc game reviews it has to pc gamer (uk edition).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.