GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Went To The Shops Today."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/02 at 16:21
Regular
I Went into Eb(Sorry SR)and was getting a stand but when i got to the front of the queue the Man said we sell these but we dont recomend them as they mess up your PS2 is this True?
Sat 05/01/02 at 14:32
Regular
"You've upset me"
That's quite astonishing, Joby.
Sat 05/01/02 at 07:24
Regular
"everyone says it"
Agent_Under_Fire wrote:
> How long did it take for it to break your machine?

546 seconds and two days. Oh not forgetting the .35 seconds.
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:29
Regular
WEll yes they do sell vertical stands in other places but other places didn't tell me not to buy it.
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:16
Don't they sell the vertical stand in other places than eb???
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:10
Regular
Agent_Under_Fire wrote:
> I also have had my ps2 in a vertical stand since a year ago that i got it and no
> damage yet. The guy i asked in the store said that not all ps2's are effected
> by this only a small amount

WEll it looks like EB have got a lot to answer for telling different people different things it is discraceful if it breaks your PS2 they shouldn't sell it i dont know why they haven't taken it off the shelfs by now it was still there when i went in 2day.
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:07
I also have had my ps2 in a vertical stand since a year ago that i got it and no damage yet. The guy i asked in the store said that not all ps2's are effected by this only a small amount
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:04
"High polygon count"
Utter ballsheet. My PS2 is a launch machine, and has been standing vertically in an official stand since two days after I got it.

It still works perfectly, makes little noise, has never damaged a disc, and never encountered a read error except on one DVD movie, which incidentally also failed to play in a friends dedicated DVD player.

And why the hell do EB sell them if (a) they have any evidence that they damage the machine, and (b) they advise people not to buy them?

Buy your stand, place your PS2 in the vertical position, and enjoy.
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:03
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Agent_Under_Fire wrote:
> > that, eh, eh?
It would be cheaper to buy a horizontal
> stand cos that does nothing to your ps2

-----

I see where you're coming from.......
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:58
Dominion wrote:
> you could buy a cheap(ish) computer shelf and put your PS2 Horizontally under
> that, eh, eh?
It would be cheaper to buy a horizontal stand cos that does nothing to your ps2
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:52
Regular
Dominion wrote:
> you could buy a cheap(ish) computer shelf and put your PS2 Horizontally under
> that, eh, eh?

lol thats a good 1 but if your being serious then your mind is pretty messed eh,eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.