GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Half-Life challenge"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life'.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:44
Regular
This is generally addressed to any of you who haven't yet taken the time to read the "HALF-LIFE" story which has been getting air in the Life forum for the past two months.

Read it all, tonight, and I'll think more of you:

Parts 1-5:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php? threadid=67344&forumid=423

Parts 6-10:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php? threadid=69866&forumid=423

GO!!
Mon 03/03/03 at 15:22
"Darkness, always"
I have never claimed to be tasteful.
Mon 03/03/03 at 15:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Promoting your own writing is almost as tasteless as naked star wars pics dude.
Mon 03/03/03 at 15:15
"Darkness, always"
I'll pop this one last time before I let it slide =P
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:15
"Darkness, always"
Guess I'll have to revert to posting semi-naked pictures of myself wearing Star Wars masks.
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I think it's rubbish. I haven't read it, but I think it sucks!!!!!!1
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:36
"Darkness, always"
You won't be offering me any criticism for quite some time then.

I think I'm maybe a fifth or less of the way to where I want to take the story, and that's assuming it doesn't evolve any further than it has already.

If you want to send me comments, rather than post them up here, feel free to mail me on [email protected] or catch me on MSN in the evenings on [email protected].
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:34
Regular
It's not outright criticism, rather just thoughts, but I don't want to tell you how to write it, and anyway I'd rather wait until its finished.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:33
"Darkness, always"
I've managed a fair critique of the opening chapters myself, as you read on, you might find (as I do) that the writing style is far superior.

But any criticism is welcome.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:31
Regular
I've only read a few chapters, will finish the rest soon, so far its been an interesting and intriguing read. When I do I may be able to offer some constructive criticism that doesn't descend into sycophantism (which I'm not even sure is a word).
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:25
Must... keep... plugging... thread...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.