GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Action Replay"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 18:38
Regular
My Datel Action Replay System arrived this morning, thanks to an undisclosed internet retailer (only £17.99, too). However, even though I'm quite pleased with it on the whole, there have been a few issues.

1. I was disappointed to find that the disc didn't actually have any kind of holder - someone had just put it inside the manual. I used a G-Force DVD case, and kept it in there. Was this the right thing to do? What have you guys done?

2. I haven't tried many cheats - but I know that the ones for Die Hard: Vendetta didn't work. Starfox Adventures and Super Mario Sunshine were fine, but for Die Hard, there was no apparent change. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

3. At the beginning of each cheat list is an '(m)'. This seems to be permanently on, and classed as a cheat - what is it? It's a different colour to the rest and can't be deleted. I was just wondering what function it had.

4. Though I haven't tried using the import yet - I assume you don't have to use the memory card? Just the disc, right? Also I'm not sure what version of FreeLoader is on it - if anyone could tell me how to find out, it'd be appreciated.

It also, annoyingly, doesn't seem to recognise my Wavebird. But as this is just a matter of switching controllers, I'm not too bothered. If anyone could help me on those queries above though, I'd like that. Anyone else get the Action Replay? Have any problems with it?
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:25
Regular
Hmph! No vice versa for me! :'-(

Perhaps if I listen to the wishing well and plant more flowers...
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:16
Regular
They always do that.

Every time you visit someones village one of your animals moves to the other village and vice versa.
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:13
Regular
I got mine this morning along with AC.

I was also disappointed how they just slipped the disk in the instructions, but hey, one empty CD case later the problem was solved.

Freeloader is incredibly easy to use.
No memory card needed.

Simply select the Freeloader option (or action replay option if you want to use codes, in which case you DO need the ar memory card device) and it'll tell you to change disks.

I looked at some of the cheats but didn't get round to trying any.
Most were offering what I already had (unlocked legitimately).

Mario's low gravity looked cool but I've lent that game to a friend for a bit.

Animal Crossing is great fun.
One of my brothers is in my village.

We also created a second village and we visited, nicking things and trying to chat up the locals. It sort of backfired though, a certain bird actually left Hacienda (our town) for Destiny (the second town)... she wasn't getting along with my brother apparently...

hmph!
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:19
Regular
Cheers scruffy. Anyone experienced similar encounters with Die Hard? And do you need the AR Memory Card for the FreeLoader option?
Tue 25/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
i got mine on the day of release:

1. i put mine in my cd wallet - no case = retarded

2. i have not encountered this problem but i dont have die hard so its probably only that game.

3. the (m) cheat is like an enabler which is needed for the game to recognise the cheats.

4. the freeloader is the second version which apparently works fine with all games
Tue 25/02/03 at 19:21
Regular
All the Action Replays have Freeloader 1.06 on them.
Tue 25/02/03 at 19:06
Regular
"French the Fries!"
I ordered mine on Saturday
Tue 25/02/03 at 19:05
Regular
"French the Fries!"
I think i know where you ordered it, because i ordered mine for £17.99. When did you order it and how long did it take to arrive?
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:38
Regular
My Datel Action Replay System arrived this morning, thanks to an undisclosed internet retailer (only £17.99, too). However, even though I'm quite pleased with it on the whole, there have been a few issues.

1. I was disappointed to find that the disc didn't actually have any kind of holder - someone had just put it inside the manual. I used a G-Force DVD case, and kept it in there. Was this the right thing to do? What have you guys done?

2. I haven't tried many cheats - but I know that the ones for Die Hard: Vendetta didn't work. Starfox Adventures and Super Mario Sunshine were fine, but for Die Hard, there was no apparent change. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

3. At the beginning of each cheat list is an '(m)'. This seems to be permanently on, and classed as a cheat - what is it? It's a different colour to the rest and can't be deleted. I was just wondering what function it had.

4. Though I haven't tried using the import yet - I assume you don't have to use the memory card? Just the disc, right? Also I'm not sure what version of FreeLoader is on it - if anyone could tell me how to find out, it'd be appreciated.

It also, annoyingly, doesn't seem to recognise my Wavebird. But as this is just a matter of switching controllers, I'm not too bothered. If anyone could help me on those queries above though, I'd like that. Anyone else get the Action Replay? Have any problems with it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.