GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Action Replay"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 18:38
Regular
My Datel Action Replay System arrived this morning, thanks to an undisclosed internet retailer (only £17.99, too). However, even though I'm quite pleased with it on the whole, there have been a few issues.

1. I was disappointed to find that the disc didn't actually have any kind of holder - someone had just put it inside the manual. I used a G-Force DVD case, and kept it in there. Was this the right thing to do? What have you guys done?

2. I haven't tried many cheats - but I know that the ones for Die Hard: Vendetta didn't work. Starfox Adventures and Super Mario Sunshine were fine, but for Die Hard, there was no apparent change. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

3. At the beginning of each cheat list is an '(m)'. This seems to be permanently on, and classed as a cheat - what is it? It's a different colour to the rest and can't be deleted. I was just wondering what function it had.

4. Though I haven't tried using the import yet - I assume you don't have to use the memory card? Just the disc, right? Also I'm not sure what version of FreeLoader is on it - if anyone could tell me how to find out, it'd be appreciated.

It also, annoyingly, doesn't seem to recognise my Wavebird. But as this is just a matter of switching controllers, I'm not too bothered. If anyone could help me on those queries above though, I'd like that. Anyone else get the Action Replay? Have any problems with it?
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:53
Regular
I still haven't tried them (been too busy playing Tony Hawk's 4) but I have heard of others having the same problem with the Timesplitters 2 codes.

If you contact Datel, they'll get on to re-hacking the codes as they have already done with Metroid Prime.
Thu 27/02/03 at 10:41
Regular
Edgy wrote:

> I haven't tested any of the cheats yet, but I did update it to include
> the Timesplitters 2 codes from the Codejunkies website.

I tried these out the other day, and the cheats that enabled you to freeze/restart the timer using R and A/B didn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I did only try them in Arcade Leauge.
Wed 26/02/03 at 19:51
Maverick, there are DH: Vendetta button cheats that you can use in-game, which should be quicker to type in than booting up form the AR. I say hould be, because I don't have the AR yet.
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:50
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
i use the resident evil cheats. mmm... invincible +magnum +infinite magnum rounds
Tue 25/02/03 at 22:49
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> Hmph! No vice versa for me! :'-(
>
>
> Perhaps if I listen to the wishing well and plant more flowers...

No I mean if someone visits your Village then you'll gain one of theirs.

New random Villagers tend to move in every evening...well at least they did with me.

Just pray you don't get Jane the Pink Gorilla, god I hated her.
Tue 25/02/03 at 22:48
Regular
My Action Replay arrived this morning.

I was disappointed with the packaging - even a case like the Freeloader's would have been sufficient to protect the disc from damage - not even a paper envelope was included!

I haven't tested any of the cheats yet, but I did update it to include the Timesplitters 2 codes from the Codejunkies website.

I know others have had problems with one or two of the codes, so if you get a problem, please notify technical support at Codejunkies.com as otherwise Datel wont know what the problems are to be able to sort them out.
Tue 25/02/03 at 22:02
Regular
I've lent my Mario to friend for a bit.

Still, with AC here, I'm not so fussed. :-)
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:58
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> I'm sure messing around with Low Gravity Sunshine can keep you
> occupied until then.

Did that earlier. Amazing fun :D. Just going up really high, and then waiting a whole minute for Mario to dive back into the water. Stunning view, aswell. Also found some really cool glitches :D.
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:52
Regular
Mine was dispatched on the 19, three days before you so expect Friday.

I'm sure messing around with Low Gravity Sunshine can keep you occupied until then.
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:45
Regular
Strafex, you orded from DVD Box Office - right?

My Animal Crossing hasn't come yet. I ordered mine on 13/02/2003, paying no extra for shipping. It was dispatched on 22/02/2003.. I think. I deleted the invoice. How about you? Any idea how long mine will take?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.