GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop talking about football!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/02 at 13:01
Regular
Alright I was big footy fan as child, now not so much.

Support Aberdeen, we're doing alright.

Okay theres my bit about football... why not just for once write something that is not about football in here...

For example... maybe the fact that Afganistan is still being bombed stupid. Did you know that there were five *suspected* arms storage buildings... the U.S.A delibeately bombed them all... only 2 were arms buildings... the other three were a block of flats... lots of familys dead. BAH

Or the fact that two unstable, nuclear armed countries are close to war... how do you feel about that?

Come on, use your brains give some variation.

Good good.
Wed 09/01/02 at 17:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
man u no.1 fan wrote:
> Do you know that this is a sport chat room!If you want to talk about things like
> that go to that kind of chat room theres hundreds!

Yeah but it is also a life and love chat room..... do I care? Yes, a bit! Especially with all these Man U threads around here.... bah, Man U can't play football!
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:40
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I like football...but that does not make me any more ignorant to the problems of the world. Maybe this forum title should be changed, but I come in here to talk about sport, and other places to talk about world news.
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:25
Please, please, someone start a new topic that not football, or just restart an old non football one ! Wonder where Goatboy is now ? He always used to start some good topics... I didnt usually agree with him but they were well thought out anyway !
Mon 07/01/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
"Stop talking about football!"

No :)

Afgan thingy? All I can say is "hmm"
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:33
Regular
There did used to be a seperate forum for football. BUt they got combined becasue they were pritty much dead. BUt seeing as things are moving at a faster pace, woudnt it be a good idea to change to how it was before? WE got a world cup coming up soon, so it may be a very good idea...
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:29
Regular
"smile, it's free"
mistehappy, It's all very well talking seriously about current 'world issues', but to condone those of us talking about sport, is out of order.

I have limited interest in the continued assault of afghanistan, but that does not make me any less a person. Everyone has their own interests, and if you don't respect that, perhaps you're the one that needs to grow up?

If nuclear fallout does occur, of course we'll all be talking about it, but empty threats and conflict in the middle east have been part of the news for as long as I can remember, so forgive me for not talking about those rather depressing issues.
Fri 04/01/02 at 18:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Haven't you ever heard the expression 'Life sucks!!' or heard people say "I hate my life!!"?? Therefore we mainly talk about something we like, like Football and Sports. You should try and bring the 'life' back into this room if you want less football so much!
Fri 04/01/02 at 18:08
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
To sports fans:
The more you post the more you prove your own ignorance. At least listen to what Sheepy is saying rather than rubbishing him and saying "Yeah sport yeah!".

This forum is for Sport and for Life. Personally I find it a little disappointing when a serious post about a world issue is swamped by posts about football and gets ignored. I find it even more annoying when a serious post is hijacked to talk about football. Not much I can do about it but at least I am articulating an opinion, as Sheepy and some sports fans have. If you want to come into this thread and just say "sports sports sports" then go away until you grow up a little. If there is a nuclear war between India and Pakistan then football will seem relatively insignificant as most of the asian subcontinent gets shrouded in nuclear fall out. Just an opinion.
Fri 04/01/02 at 18:02
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
man u no.1 fan wrote:
> Do you know that this is a sport chat room!If you want to talk about things like
> that go to that kind of chat room theres hundreds!

Read the forum heading, I think you'll see "Life, Love, Sport and Football". I agree with Jess, I like football myself, but it worries me that the forum seems completely dominated by it..
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:59
Do you know that this is a sport chat room!If you want to talk about things like that go to that kind of chat room theres hundreds!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.