GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black Hawk Down"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/02 at 10:18
Regular
As a rule I don't enjoy war movies.

Tell me more about this one, I caught a glimpse of the trailer and something interested me, but I can't figure out what.
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
It's that guy from Pearl Harbor. Dunno whether he has spelt it right or not. Harnett? Hartnett? Yeah Hartnett sounds right.

Anyway, you're right. However you spell his name, he is still a retard!
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:13
Erm...without trying not to sound too daft..who is Josh Hartnett ? ( maybe wrong spelling but u know what I mean)
Tue 08/01/02 at 18:48
And it's Josh Hartnett!

Josh Hartnett of all people!!

Why? Why oh why oh why?!
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:33
Goatboy wrote:
> This is about US Rangers (not the park kind) getting >their jarheads whupped in
> Somalia.

I've actually read the book when it first came out in 1999 and the films looking like a pretty faithful conversion of it. Do the US Rangers get "whupped" ? Kind of. 18 died and 70 injured. The Somalis lost 500+ and had 1000+ injured. Its kinda like the worst, but also one of the finest, moments of the Rangers history....oh and Delta Force as well. This film was originally going to be out much later but I'd guess someone somewhere has encouraged it to be released sooner. Cant wait for the release date !
Tue 08/01/02 at 01:02
Regular
"That's right!"
Dunno about the book, but the film DOES look good

My mate and I are going to see it when it opens on Jan 17/18
Tue 08/01/02 at 00:29
Has anybody actually read the book "Black Hawk Down"? To tell you the turth i thought it was ok nothing special.
Mon 07/01/02 at 22:01
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
This is definately a film that i'm willing to go and see just on the basis of a trailer I saw a while back.

There was something about it that particular appealed, and it looks superb.
Mon 07/01/02 at 16:33
Regular
Ridley Scott, good director, great at cinematic set pieces......

Bruckheimer, a true activist of the american dream. Top Gun, Cocktail, Days of Thunder, Coyotee Ugly, and emmmm, Pearl Harbour.............

But anyway, this should be good. It's based on a true story of an american helicopter downed in the middle of the somalian civil war in the early ninties. These guys were really in deep, they were surrounded and didn't look like they were getting out, but they were saved in the end. Now I know I wasn't too keen on the trumpet blowing of behind enemy lines, but, this looks good, very good.
Sat 05/01/02 at 23:11
Regular
"That's right!"
I saw the true story on the Discovery Channel I think, it seemed an interesting story and it was only a matter of time till Hollywood got it's hands on it. Que the historians complaining then!

I want to go and see it, Ridley Scott (Gladiator, Alien) is a great director and Jerry Bruckheimer's name on the credits really sells it for me. I dunno if these two have worked together before, but I think this film is gonna be great.
Sat 05/01/02 at 09:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, you're right. But so am I - it does look a bit like Bat21.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.