GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario 128! your opinion!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario 64'.
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:26
Regular
after finding out a while back that mario sunshine was not the original sequal to mario 64 but mario 128 will be. i find it hard to belive that mario 128 can really be much more ground breaking than mario sunshine is. do you think mario 128 will be revolutionary, a normal good platformer or just bad
Wed 26/02/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Miyamoto has said if you where dissapointed wiht the lack of
> innovation in Mario Sunshine then Mario 128 will be the game for
> you.

That'll be me then!

Mario Sunshine was repetitive pants. I don't think the number '128' will feature in the final game title or even have anything to do with the game itself. I think it's more likely indicating that it is going to be a proper new Mario game (Mario 64 2 = Mario 128?) rather than the half-hearted spin off that Sunshine was.
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I heard it was supposed to take some ideas from Pikmin and marry them with Mario - imagine 128 Marios running around!
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:31
Regular
Miyamoto has said if you where dissapointed wiht the lack of innovation in Mario Sunshine then Mario 128 will be the game for you.

E3 can't come any sooner.
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:37
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Mario 128 is going to be great! Well if it keeps in line with the usual Mario games as Sibs just said it would make me happy. I wouldn't slate Sunshine so bad either because of it :)

When this game comes out I'm going to tell my friends "Do not call for me, repeat, DO NOT CALL FOR ME!"
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I don't think Sunshine was revolutionary. I don't think 128 will be either. I think 128 will be more in keeping with the normal fashion for Mario games (ie. abstract levels such as fire, ice, desert, grass, floating on cloads, etc.) rather than the unified feel of Sunshine. The unified feel helped create the effect of the game all being on one island, and I think that was good for Mario Sunshine, but I don't think that's a direction Mario should be taking permanantly.

Hmm. Thinking about it I'd like to see some actual dungeons in Mario 128. Haven't seen any of those done properly since the SNES. A proper castle dungeon thing with fireballs, lava pits, spikes, swinging spikey balls, chain link fences, the whole lot! A bit like the final level on Sunshine before Bowser. But bigger and with funky chain link fences and koopas climbing on them. Oh, and goombas. God, i missed them...
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Mario Sunshine wasn't as ground breaking as Mario 64.
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:26
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
after finding out a while back that mario sunshine was not the original sequal to mario 64 but mario 128 will be. i find it hard to belive that mario 128 can really be much more ground breaking than mario sunshine is. do you think mario 128 will be revolutionary, a normal good platformer or just bad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.